16 year old gets playstation taken away, Kills mom with claw hammer (chair leg?)

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Kotaku said:
16-Year-Old Confesses To Killing Mom Over PlayStationPhiladelphia teenager Kendall Anderson confessed in court to murdering his sleeping mother after she confiscated his PlayStation. And if you don't like crime-related video games stories with terrible, sickening endings, don't go any further. This one is perhaps the worst.

Anderson's confession, read in court by Philadelphia police homicide detective Thorsten Lucke, admits to attacking his mother, Rashida, with a claw hammer, attempting to cremate her in the kitchen oven and ultimately beating her to death with a chair leg. He reported her missing to police the next day, then confessed to Philadelphia police.

Kendall Anderson added to his confession: "If I could, I would not do it again. I really miss my mom . . . she was the only person who cared for me," reports Philadelphia's Inquirer.
http://kotaku.com/#!5761288/16+year+old-confesses-to-killing-mom-over-playstation

Stupid, stupid kids...

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Fuuuck...

Wow. I feel both enraged at and sorry for him at the same time.

[sub]Also, can we leave the imminent 'games don't cause violence waaah' comments out of this thread please?[/sub]

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Well, that sucks.
We should probably keep him away from Bulletstorm, though. We don't want him turning into a murderer and a rapist.

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
Radeonx said:
Well, that sucks.
We should probably keep him away from Bulletstorm, though. We don't want him turning into a murderer and a rapist.
I love your posts, keep 'em coming.

OT: Blame the kids anger/mental issues, not the games.

ioxles

Nov 25, 2008
Anyone else reminded of this:

Any opportunity for a Beefheat reference.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
fuck the playstation, man, the kid was a walking timebomb

[sub]shall I say, a bob-omb? OH THE WITTYNESS[/sub]

my point still stands, the kid was a fucking psycho, taking away the playstation was not what angered him and made him kill his mother, it was just the, uh, "give me a reason" thing

like a trigger or something like that =P

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Hunh... I could make a Philly joke (being from Pittsburgh), but it seems in extremely bad taste.

So I'll say this. I can wonder what went through his head when he htought about this. Also, this is why we need to hit our kids. If they dont fespect (fear-respect) you, this is what happens.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
HOO-LEE-SHIT.
I'm disturbed and fascinated by the break with reality this kid must have had. Did he think murdering his mom would get his Playstation back faster? I'm seeing a little devil on his shoulder going "It's ok kid, they've got all the Playtations you want in prison."

dbmountain

Feb 24, 2010
i'm sure the kid had issues to begin with prior to the whole "omg my playstation is gone now you will die" debacle