16 year old gets playstation taken away, Kills mom with claw hammer (chair leg?)

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
Generic Gamer said:
Blatherscythe said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what the fuck is a claw hammer? But god damn that is fucked up beyond all redemption.
A claw hammer is basically the most common kind of hammer used, as opposed to a ball or cross pien hammer or other types. Calling it a claw hammer only serves to make it sound more vicious than it really is, it's just a hammer with the two prongs on the reverse of the head for pulling nails. If you grab a random hammer for DIY it'll probably be a claw hammer.

Of course that's a rather evocative name, I'm sure people are thinking more:

Ouch, bet he used the pronged end... On a side note I have a spiked club in my room.

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
i know it's messed up what he did, and maybe this is just further proof as to how de-sensitized(sp?) this generation and my own have become but.... did anyone else laugh to themselves when they first saw this??

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
Tharwen said:
Fuuuck...

Wow. I feel both enraged at and sorry for him at the same time.

[sub]Also, can we leave the imminent 'games don't cause violence waaah' comments out of this thread please?[/sub]

he had serious psychological problems entirely unrelated to videogames

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
Wow.
/Wow./
Way to make 16 year olds like myself look bad, kid.
My own Ma has taken away my DS, My Wii, My computer loads of times for little things I've apparently done wrong in her eyes, but I'd never kill her.
And this is coming from someone whom adores TF2, Prototype and Ass. Creed, all of which are fairly bloody for the most part.

What a little monster.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
...stupid...but sad

mostly always just stupid, but that last comment gave a slight insight in the human side of things after his rage cooled off :/

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Generic Gamer said:
A claw hammer is basically the most common kind of hammer used, as opposed to a ball or cross pien hammer or other types. Calling it a claw hammer only serves to make it sound more vicious than it really is, it's just a hammer with the two prongs on the reverse of the head for pulling nails. If you grab a random hammer for DIY it'll probably be a claw hammer.

Of course that's a rather evocative name, I'm sure people are thinking more:

yeah...prettyy much hahahaha

and instead of the oven they prob coulda said that the kid tried to burn up his mother in an open furnace/gateway to Hell...from which video games spawn from (at least the way Fox News will tell the story)

BackwardsO

Apr 17, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Hunh... I could make a Philly joke (being from Pittsburgh), but it seems in extremely bad taste.

So I'll say this. I can wonder what went through his head when he htought about this. Also, this is why we need to hit our kids. If they dont fespect (fear-respect) you, this is what happens.
Fear and respect are really different. Straight up hitting your child is never a good way to accomplish anything, it usually causes resentment rather than respect. Why would you respect a full grown adult that uses violence against a child? Why would a parent want their kids to fear them?
Spanking is ok for toddlers because young kids usually haven't begun to empathize enough for the feelings of others to be a reason to change their behavior. But still, the negative reinforcement should be from shame and discomfort, not from pain. As a parent it is important your child feels safe enough to rely and trust you.
This teenager sounds like his problem was less his upbringing and more of a psychological problem. Seriously, if minor reprimand set him off like this, imagine what HITTING him would do...