16 year old gets playstation taken away, Kills mom with claw hammer (chair leg?)

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Oh my god. This article reminds me of another article years ago about a teenager who killed his mother and injured his father because he couldn't play his Xbox at night or something like that.

Seriously, what is up with teenagers killing people over video games? It's almost simialr to playing online when you see or hear another player trash talking to you online, only worse. It's just a game.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Generic Gamer said:
stabnex said:
You may have a point, but I didn't want to say that because I've always associated passiveness with cowardice. No real gamer has ever had the balls to grab his Limited Edition Sephiroth Masamune Replica and slit up the prick who picked on them at school.
It's an important difference though, a gentle person would be gentle no matter what but a passive person is only passive whilst something stops them. A large number of people on here say that if legally or situationally allowed they would happily torture someone to death. Normally that person doesn't even really deserve more than a boot up the arse.

Frankly I'm always rather glad that no one's ever sat down and worked 'correlation doesn't equal causation' in reverse. Fact is that games may not cause violence but a lot of people here and in other places both love games and harbour deeply sociopathic urges. Games may not cause violence but liking games and being violent seem to be somehow attached to each other and this forum alone would provide easily enough data to condemn gaming.

I also have a Sephiroth masamune replica, even the thought of swinging it makes me tired.
Don't trouble yourself about it too much. They just don't know what it feels like to actually do those things. I've always resented annoying babies and used to talk about doing awful things to them, but when I closed my eyes and tried to imagine myself doing it, I knew I could never actually do it in reality.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Eri said:
Kotaku said:
16-Year-Old Confesses To Killing Mom Over PlayStationPhiladelphia teenager Kendall Anderson confessed in court to murdering his sleeping mother after she confiscated his PlayStation. And if you don't like crime-related video games stories with terrible, sickening endings, don't go any further. This one is perhaps the worst.

Anderson's confession, read in court by Philadelphia police homicide detective Thorsten Lucke, admits to attacking his mother, Rashida, with a claw hammer, attempting to cremate her in the kitchen oven and ultimately beating her to death with a chair leg. He reported her missing to police the next day, then confessed to Philadelphia police.

Kendall Anderson added to his confession: "If I could, I would not do it again. I really miss my mom . . . she was the only person who cared for me," reports Philadelphia's Inquirer.
http://kotaku.com/#!5761288/16+year+old-confesses-to-killing-mom-over-playstation

Stupid, stupid kids...
And this is why we shouldn't let idiots play videogames
they give the sane majority of us a bad name

it's idiots like this that give Mike Thompson (that's his name right? I'm in a rush and not thinking clearly) fuel to help make games illegal

freaking idiot...

Mista Miggins

Jul 23, 2010
He must of come off of a particularly infuriating CoD:BO match to do that.

OT: But seriously, that's just mental.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Kotaku said:
Snip.

Kendall Anderson added to his confession: "If I could, I would not do it again. I really miss my mom . . . she was the only person who cared for me," reports Philadelphia's Inquirer.
Well kid I got a song for you:

Alpha1Niner

Aug 11, 2009
I, for one, am an eye for an eye kind of guy. Hospitalization with psychiatric help does not atone for murder. Why put so much effort into trying to rehabilitate him? They say that the planet is becoming overpopulated and the jails are overflowing. I say to the chair.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Ugh... that stupid, poor kid.

You know what he should have done?

He should have just stolen his Playstation back.

I guarantee he knew where she'd stashed it. Could have had it back in his room before morning.

But no... instead, he did this. It's really sad.

Zergadooful

Sep 30, 2010
Radeonx said:
Well, that sucks.
We should probably keep him away from Bulletstorm, though. We don't want him turning into a murderer and a rapist.
ROFL I just pissed myself laughing!

ChicagoTed

Aug 5, 2010
For the love of god America trial this guy as an adult and give him the death sentance, out of curiosity does this psycho have any brothers or sisters?

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
DazZ. said:
ravensheart18 said:
Self clean setting on electric ovens will turn just about anything to ash. (500+ C for 2-4 hrs).
Impressive. I want one to play with.
Except optimal temperature for cremation is 1400-1800 degrees Ferenheight, or 870-980 degrees Celsius.

And then, it takes 2-4 hours to fully cremate a body... Usually. It's about 1 hour per 45kg of body weight or 99 lbs.

And then, the bones are not turned to ash, but are rendered rather burnt and brittle. Modern crematoriums then grind the bones up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremation#Burning_and_ashes_collection

If you attempt to burn a body at lower temperatures it will take forever, and without proper ventilation the smell will be disgusting. The funeral pyre type cremations can literally take all night. And you still have bones to clean up. There are many murder cases where the perpetrator has attempted to incinerate a body to hide the evidence, and they usually get caught because it's pretty damn hard to completely incinerate a body:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322285,00.html

I'm just saying, you cannot cremate a body in an oven. Especially if the door to the oven is left open to accommodate an intact body.

And this kid really should be kept away from society for the rest of his life.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Uszi said:
DazZ. said:
ravensheart18 said:
Self clean setting on electric ovens will turn just about anything to ash. (500+ C for 2-4 hrs).
Impressive. I want one to play with.
Except optimal temperature for cremation is 1400-1800 degrees Ferenheight, or 870-980 degrees Celsius.

And then, it takes 2-4 hours to fully cremate a body... Usually. It's about 1 hour per 45kg of body weight or 99 lbs.

And then, the bones are not turned to ash, but are rendered rather burnt and brittle. Modern crematoriums then grind the bones up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremation#Burning_and_ashes_collection

If you attempt to burn a body at lower temperatures it will take forever, and without proper ventilation the smell will be disgusting. The funeral pyre type cremations can literally take all night. And you still have bones to clean up. There are many murder cases where the perpetrator has attempted to incinerate a body to hide the evidence, and they usually get caught because it's pretty damn hard to completely incinerate a body:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322285,00.html

I'm just saying, you cannot cremate a body in an oven. Especially if the door to the oven is left open to accommodate an intact body.

And this kid really should be kept away from society for the rest of his life.
That's lovely, but I only said I wanted one to play with.