160: Tap X for pleasure

Ronald Meeus

Apr 28, 2008
Tap X for pleasure

"They coo under the rhythmic thrusts of your fingers, deaf to the heaviness of their own breaths. The three of you are almost there. You tighten your grip, accelerating the movement of your moist fingertips. You slide your thumb over the circle. Then the triangle. Back to the circle. The X. Finally, you wrangle the analog stick like a madman, and their sighs of pleasure reach a fever pitch. Onscreen, a vase on the nightstand next to you tumbles to the ground, shattering. Congratulations; you've achieved orgasm."

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
What about Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy?
The game had two interactive sex scenes, in which the characters were actually naked.
I always wondered why that didn't seem to bother anyone.

Shushyne4np2ne

Jul 28, 2008
I think that everyone over reacted to the Hot Coffee mod. t wasn't that big of a deal to me. I mean, if you have been around on the internet, you know things like this always end up happening. Not being discovered and pushed in the light, mind you, but found nonetheless. I don't know if the sex minigames are an integral part of the God of War franchise nor should they be openly announcing they want to expand on them. That's like putting a big target on your chest to politicians and lawyers saying "hey! I'm going to make my game have vulgar content! Ban me!", but then again, it would more than likely increase sales. All I have to say is keep up the good story work with the God Of War series and I might just buy a Playstation 3 to play the exclusive.

arrr_matey

Oct 26, 2006
I love the way reactionary groups get all mad about sex in games like GTA but completely ignore sex in other games with a lower mainstream profile. It really undermines their authority on the subject. Like, they just have such a low opinion of videogames in the first place that they can't even lower themselves to do any actual research on the topic. Easier just to rant and scream and write angry letters to the newspaper than spend any thought on what they're supposedly so concerned about.

I also hated how most mainstream media outlets never told people that the horrible, god-awful, childhood-destroying sex in the Hot Coffee mod was fully clothed. I'm sure most people just assumed it was some hideous hardcore scene of virtual genital rubbing.

arrr_matey

Oct 26, 2006
BTW, who makes the images that go with the stories? They're all usually really good, and this one is particularly hilarious and awesome.

HomeAliveIn45

Jun 4, 2008
I love how one of the co-creators of "sex games" now works for the European Space Agency. Just goes to show how the 'sick and twisted games industry that wants to corrupt my children' can produce extremely succesfull people

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit Fahrenheit Fahrenheit Fahrenheit Fahrenheit.

The mainstream only pays attention when idiots like Jack Thompson latch onto something and scream about it. The mainstream doesn't understand or care about smaller titles with more graphic depictions. Sure, you can take GTA off the shelves with an AO rating for content which is inaccessible, but a game that deals with suicidal depression, relationships, sex, and cybernetic cults (including many religious depictions) and has a sex scene easily accessible? Doesn't matter, no-one's paying attention to the "arty" game.

Just like the difference between nudity in an art gallery and nudity on a home DV camera. It's all about context, even if it's the same image.

Yx0que

May 20, 2008
As said: Fahrenheit(Indigo Prophecy)
Fahrenheit did this in a very good way. It was relevant to the game and it was tasteful.
I also like how they did it in God of War. Not only was the way they depicted it nicely done, it also fitted the character of Kratos.

Lima

Jun 18, 2007
arrr_matey said:
BTW, who makes the images that go with the stories? They're all usually really good, and this one is particularly hilarious and awesome.

I make them! Thanks, I'm glad you like them!

:)

TheKbob

Jul 15, 2008
FYI for those recommending Fahrenheit as an example: The US Release, IE Indigo Prophecy, had the supposed sex scenes removed.

Yah... We also have the tits censored out of the Witcher.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
I can't wait to see what the current generation of console hardware produces for illicit sex games!

arrr_matey

Oct 26, 2006
Lima said:
arrr_matey said:

I make them! Thanks, I'm glad you like them!

:)
are they custom photos or do you photoshop existing photos?

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Juan Regular said:
The game had two interactive sex scenes, in which the characters were actually naked.
Two?

Girlysprite

Nov 9, 2007
A lot of how it's picked up depends on how it is packaged. And to be honest, I love subtlety. It lets you get away with a lot, and makes it way more fun for the players, instead of it being shoved into their faces.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
Knight Templar said:
Juan Regular said:
Two?
Yeah, one with your ex-girlfriend and one with the police woman. Lots of people didn't see the one with the ex. You have to give the right answers and play the song correct.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
arrr_matey said:
I love the way reactionary groups get all mad about sex in games like GTA but completely ignore sex in other games with a lower mainstream profile. It really undermines their authority on the subject. Like, they just have such a low opinion of videogames in the first place that they can't even lower themselves to do any actual research on the topic. Easier just to rant and scream and write angry letters to the newspaper than spend any thought on what they're supposedly so concerned about.

I also hated how most mainstream media outlets never told people that the horrible, god-awful, childhood-destroying sex in the Hot Coffee mod was fully clothed. I'm sure most people just assumed it was some hideous hardcore scene of virtual genital rubbing.
Thats what i thought it was but now that i know the people are fully clothed, everyone that was going on about the mod seems even stupider in my eyes.