Scoop Up Some Marvel vs Capcom 2 Rumors

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Scoop Up Some Marvel vs Capcom 2 Rumors

It looks like more and more of a sure thing that hyperactive combo addicts will be shouting "it's Mahvel baybee [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA]!" over Xbox Live and PlayStation Network soon enough, as new evidence of the long-suspected re-release has surfaced.

Either Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network exists, or there are some cruel, cruel people out there. I mean, the game's been rated by the ESRB for the 360 and PS3 and Capcom has said they're not done with "HD remixes" and that they're well aware [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.96825] of the demand for MvC2.

Now we have two more pieces of evidence: a retailer list of Achievements [http://www.shopto.net/XBOX 360/HARDWARE/XB2MA11-Marvel vs Capcom Tournament Edition Arcade Stick.html] for the game.

The arcade stick listing, over at somewhat dubious retailer ShopTo is for a PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 "Marvel vs. Capcom Tournament Edition Arcade Stick." The listing seems to have been taken down since it appeared yesterday, which means that it's either fake or Capcom had it removed. My money is on the former - MvC2's a much loved fighting game, but I don't know if a downloadable rerelease would warrant producing peripherals. Either way, the ShopTo listing had a July 10 release date, so take that as you will.

The Achievement listing, over at Achievement database Xbox360Achievements.org, lists 12 Achievements for 200 Gamerscore points. There are Achievements for things like winning 50 matches, doing 100 or 200 hit combos, using specific teams, and more. Seems fairly legitimate, and based on my own personal experience, the site is pretty much reliable. I'm not seeing a "Mango Sentinel" Achievement though, so maybe it's fake.

So who knows, really? I'd say the evidence is piled so damn high that at this point it would just be mean of Capcom to not release this, regardless of whether they're already planning to or not. Then again, those guys are a whole bunch of curleh mustached jerks, so I wouldn't put it past them.

(NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338689&page=11])

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
Some of those achievements are difficult to believe - they just require WAY too much time in multiplayer to be feasible. OCVs with 10 different teams? Yeah, right. There are barely 10 viable teams in this game anyway.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Robyrt said:
Some of those achievements are difficult to believe - they just require WAY too much time in multiplayer to be feasible.
I'm pretty sure there are more outlandish requirements for achievements out there, but yeah.

RebornKusabi

Mar 11, 2009
Sorry to come off as a fanboy but Jesus Christ I want this game on Xbox Live sooooo badly. Oh my goddamnit, I hope this is true! The days of me "Rocket-Punching" people into oblivion can now happen over the internet.

I own the damn game on Dreamcast and Xbox and STILL would pay any amount of Microsoft Funbucks to play this game online! Having it in "HD Remix" graphics...

I would literally take a step back and **** MY OWN FACE!

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
I always thought MvC stood for Magneto vs Capcom. Was I wrong all these years?

RebornKusabi said:
I own the damn game on Dreamcast and Xbox and STILL would pay any amount of Microsoft Funbucks to play this game online! Having it in "HD Remix" graphics...
I just hope that the "HD Remix" part doesn't mean shiny new menus and the old sprites stretched and with shitty bilinear filtering. Puzzle Fighter comes to mind.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Oh, I can only hope that this comes out soon. My favorite fighter from childhood with HD graphics? You bet I'm gonna grab that.

Typhron

Dec 17, 2008
I couldn't stop laughing at the image. That happened at a local tourney around here in DC XD