Battlestar Galactica Ships Up For Grabs

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Battlestar Galactica Ships Up For Grabs

Ever dreamt of battling Cylon Raiders in deep space? Well, if you have some spare cash, you can make that dream just a little bit more real.

Now that Battlestar Galactica is finished, there are plenty of props hanging around doing nothing but collecting dust and NBC/Universal have decided to auction them off. The variety of items on offer is simply staggering, ranging from medals and rank insignia, to rocket launchers and flight helmets. You can even buy currency and letters, should such things tickle your fancy.

The main attraction however, are the two full sized fighters. A Raptor or a Mark VII Viper - which, in my humble opinion, is much cooler - could be yours. Both ships have fully functioning interiors, with light-up panels and monitors. Propworx [http://www.battlestarprops.com/], the company running the auction, says that they think they're going to have a Cylon ship available as well.

But if you're planning on investing is some BSG memorabilia, you'd better have deep pockets. A 500 cubit note will set you back $77 and a flight suit will cost in the region of $2000. The top prizes, the ships, were previously auctioned on eBay and although bids for both ships reached around $21,000, neither met the reserve price.

The auction takes place in Pasadena on May 8-10.

Source: H+ [http://hplusmagazine.com/editors-blog/buy-raptor-fighter-ship-used-battlestar-galactica] via Boing Boing [http://www.boingboing.net/2009/04/17/battlestar-galactica-2.html]

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I so want a Raptor or a Viper, but I prefer having the cash to afford food, heh.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
So you have the choice between a car and a replica of a spaceship. I'd go for the Replica and put a bumper sticker on it saying "This IS my other car!"

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
I think I'd have to stick with the actual car, but I'm just no fun.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Gimme a TIE-Fighter any day. THAT would be worth $20k.

*starts waving hands around making TIE-fighter noises*

sheppard419

Apr 5, 2009
Doug said:
Hmm, actually, come to think of it, I want a Battlestar!
They already auctioned off most of the cic and just about everything else is crazy expencive, a book from the background goes for like 100 min I could never afford to buy a prop.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Never got into Battlestar but I love collecting cool stuff like that.
We should all chip in to buy the ship, get it full functional and use it to send an Escapist ambassador to search for intellectual beings within the universe....then steal their consoles and games.

Just an idea.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I wish had the cash for a Viper, Mark II or VII I'd take it, they're my favorite fighters after all.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I would love one of them sexy Viper mk VII's. Now if only they could really work, damn....

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
nova18 said:
Never got into Battlestar but I love collecting cool stuff like that.
We should all chip in to buy the ship, get it full functional and use it to send an Escapist ambassador to search for intellectual beings within the universe....then steal their consoles and games.

Just an idea.
That would be epic on so many levels...

OK, staff, start sellin' shirts whose profits go towards a badass spaceship!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I would totally purchase one of those ships, if I had the cash. Which I don't.

*cries*

So much stuff: so little dough.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
*looks at picture*

I thought Vipers were white...interesting...

On the other hand, I want a Raptor, fully functional. That ship has FTL for the Gods' sake! Taking girls on a date to another galaxy is something different :D