Review: BIT.TRIP Beat

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Review: BIT.TRIP Beat

Come for the excellent chiptunes soundtrack, stay for the fun rhythm-based gameplay.

Read Full Article

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Loving this game. I like how the learning curve is steep at first but manageable once you learn what each dot is going to do based on its behavior. Like learning how to play an instrument almost.

One thing, I haven't beaten the game yet. Does a travel mode ever unlock when you do?

Denmarkian

Feb 1, 2008
I bought it almost immediately after getting the "new software" email from Nintendo. I was sold as soon as I watched the promo video.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I really appreciate that it's cooperative rather than head-to-head.

Right now I sink through the Nether region about halfway through the Descent level. I hope to unlock Growth by the end of the week.

It's awesome. The chip tunes soundtrack, the tight and responsive controls, the maddening behavior of the beat pixels, I love it.

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
Loving this game. I like how the learning curve is steep at first but manageable once you learn what each dot is going to do based on its behavior. Like learning how to play an instrument almost.

One thing, I haven't beaten the game yet. Does a travel mode ever unlock when you do?
I haven't beaten the game yet either. The last level, "Growth," is a killer.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
I absolutely love chiptunes, and I like the game already, based on the videos and this review. Too bad I don't have a wii. :(

Oh, well, I guess I go back and listen to some Dubmood instead :D