Stalin vs. Martians Gets New Release Date

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Stalin vs. Martians Gets New Release Date

After a brief delay caused by "last-minute issues with the game," Stalin vs. Martians, the odd little RTS that pits the Red Army against the Red Planet, is now set for release on April 29.

The game was originally slated for release on April 20 but was held up by unspecified issues, although Mezmer Games Executive Producer Tom Söderlund attempted to shift the blame to the infamous Soviet strongman himself. "A dictator is never late, nor is he early," Söderlund said. "He arrives precisely when he means to."

Stalin vs. Martians will normally retail at at $19.95 but gamers who place a preorder before the launch date will receive a 20 percent discount. The game is currently available exclusively via digital distribution on Impulse [http://store.steampowered.com/]. The game will offer roughly six hours of gameplay for people who rush through it, although Söderlund added that most players will need a little more time than that. "Stalin vs. Martians is not the longest RTS ever made," he said, "but the memories will haunt you a long time after."

"The game is ready for deployment!" Söderlund continued. "Fans of historically inaccurate World War II games everywhere will rejoice."

More information about the "not-so-epic RTS" is available at stalinvsmartians.com [http://mezmergames.com/group/stalinvsmartians?groupUrl=stalinvsmartians&id=2755333%3AGroup%3A27&page=1#comments].

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Seems like a purely gimmick game - the trailer on Steam did not sell me on it at all...even with the dancing Stalin.

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
I was hoping for "Stalin vs. Martians" to be a remake of "Monsters vs. Aliens".

Still, the game does look fun, and I like Tom Söderlund's attitude.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The build-up has been fun, mostly because of irreverent attitudes like Söderlund's and the sheer weirdness of the material that's been released in support of the thing, but it won't mean anything if there's not a game worth backing it up. Expectations have to be tempered - 20 bucks doesn't buy you Halo Wars - but I'll be a bit sad if after all this the game itself turns out to be a complete piece of crap.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Doug said:
Seems like a purely gimmick game - the trailer on Steam did not sell me on it at all...even with the dancing Stalin.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. A friend of mine had been telling me to watch it for a while now, and after seeing this I finally did just now... I didn't even finish it. The game looks like shit, and I didn't find the dancing thing funny at all.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
Doug said:
The oppiset for me, I almost wanted to buy it cause of the gaint dacing stalin, but I don't like RTSes

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
I hope they provide a demo to it, but I'm almost certain that I'll buy the game. it looks too interesting to pass out on it. And it has "Gorbachev" by ANJ on it's soundtrack.

Nomad

Dire Penguin
Aug 3, 2008
The_Oracle said:
But nobody's going to fight on 'Stalin's' side, right?

...right?...
That would be a real tough one for me, actually. I always pick the Soviets in ww2/cold war games, and then I pretend I'm fighting for actual communist ideals, rather than a crazed megalomaniac... But I also always pick the alien side in any human/alien conflict. So... Do I go for ideology or awesomeness? I don't know.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
But if Stalin triumphs, then the terrorists win!!!onetwosix!111

Or at least, that'll be FOX News's latest hysterical commentary about the game.

Nomad

Dire Penguin
Aug 3, 2008
After watching several trailers and listening to "All hail Stalinator" on repeat for about two hours, I'm going to go ahead and say I'll be spearheading the red army. A dancing Stalinator that's the height of a skyscraper is just too awesome to turn down.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
Nomadic said:
The_Oracle said:
But nobody's going to fight on 'Stalin's' side, right?

...right?...
That would be a real tough one for me, actually. I always pick the Soviets in ww2/cold war games, and then I pretend I'm fighting for actual communist ideals, rather than a crazed megalomaniac... But I also always pick the alien side in any human/alien conflict. So... Do I go for ideology or awesomeness? I don't know.
Giant dancing stalin?

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Malygris said:
The build-up has been fun, mostly because of irreverent attitudes like Söderlund's and the sheer weirdness of the material that's been released in support of the thing, but it won't mean anything if there's not a game worth backing it up. Expectations have to be tempered - 20 bucks doesn't buy you Halo Wars - but I'll be a bit sad if after all this the game itself turns out to be a complete piece of crap.
If 20 bucks doesen`t buy you halo wars , then what chance do we have of getting a decent RTS?

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
ZeroMachine said:
Doug said:
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. A friend of mine had been telling me to watch it for a while now, and after seeing this I finally did just now... I didn't even finish it. The game looks like shit, and I didn't find the dancing thing funny at all.
If did not find the dancing funny , then you sir, have no soul

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
timmytom1 said:
ZeroMachine said:
Doug said:
If did not find the dancing funny , then you sir, have no soul
It's all stuff I've seen before. Weird dancing political figures... nothing new.