Battle Plants With Your Own Zombie

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Battle Plants With Your Own Zombie

From the cranky Newspaper Zombie to the deadly Bobsled Zombies, PopCap's devised some pretty nutty undead dudes for the upcoming Plants vs. Zombies. But you can do your best to outdo them with this new Zombatar Creator.

Forget the special Infected in Valve's Left 4 Dead. The Tank, Hunter, Smoker, Boomer and Witch are small stuff compared to the undead hordes of PopCap's upcoming Plants vs. Zombies. As you can see from the new trailer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHAbHz8iYHc], these brain hungry baddies range from your everyday garden variety walking dead to bobsled teams of zombies who'll attack Cool Runnings style. And Zombie Dolphins? Okay. Somebody at PopCap has had way too much fun with this.

You can have your own fun conjuring silly zombie creations in this Zombatar Creator [http://www.popcap.com/promos/pvz/] that PopCap has so graciously supplied to the public as a promotion for Plants vs. Zombies. It's not so extensive that you can give your creations bobsleds - it's really just for making avatars - but it's still a lot of fun.

The creator features a variety of ridiculous hairstyles and facial hair options, eyewear (yes, you can give your zombie Kanye West shades), clothes and more. Check out the beatnik zombie I made: he's cool and hip 'cause he has piercings and wears black, but he's also old-timey and weird because he has that nutty moustache. How wacky! (I don't really know what I was going for with the other one, though.)

In other Plants vs. Zombies news, PopCap hinted [http://www.casualgaming.biz/news/28502/Plants-vs-Zombies-could-be-coming-to-iPhone-and-consoles] that the game might make it to platforms other than the PC, which it'll hit on May 5. The company said that "our overriding mission at PopCap has to be to have our games in as many different places, and on as many platforms, as possible - to make them accessible to this audience of 'everyone.'"

Most PopCap games make it to multiple platforms (I think I have Peggle on at least three different ones), but can I just say that, based on what I know about the game, the iPhone would be perfect for this?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I know this'll be just another Tower Defence game, but I can't help but be interested. Damn you PopCap and your cool music vid!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Awesome! I wonder how much the game will cost...
Probably not a lot. Damn though, that music video was hilarious. Also, it proves why you just can't trust dolphins.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
First off: our review of PvZ will also be going up on May 5th, but I'll tell you right now: put aside $20, because you're going to want this game. It's just stupid amounts of fun.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Awesome! I wonder how much the game will cost...
Also: *Video*
Awww, did you have to post that again? It's so damn catchy...

xnoybis

Apr 25, 2009
I'm loving the videos PopCap is putting out for this and the zombatar thing is fun! Zombiesandtoys.com is giving away 5 free copies of the game! There's supposed to be a demo on PopCap's site soon as well for those of us who registered.