Zeno Clash Getting DLC, SDK, Demo

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Zeno Clash Getting DLC, SDK, Demo

Still haven't had your fill of punching one-eyed semi-human creatures in the face after finishing Zeno Clash? Worry not, as there's more content on the way.

Staff impressions of Zeno Clash here at The Escapist have been fairly positive, with my colleague John "Can't Fake The" Funk expressing delight at the fact that, at one point, you kick a pig into a crowd of enemies to kill them. This moment prompted him to hyperbolically declare over IM that Zeno Clash is "GotY." I asked him if the pig was on fire. He said no, and I was sad.

Whether Zeno Clash is "GotY" or not, there are doubtless others out there who enjoy the melee-intensive gameplay and bizarre aesthetic leanings of ACE Team's recently released game, and they'll be glad to hear that there's more Zeno Clash on the way. "We're planning on releasing DLC and releasing a compatible SDK so users can edit levels and other assets," designer Andres Bourdeu told Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58324], noting that "it shouldn't take us very long."

The team is currently working on a patch to tweak some mechanics and fix some bugs, as well as on a Zeno Clash demo.

Steam recently began supporting in-game DLC, so don't be surprised to find that popping up soon enough. Bordeu says that new Tower challenges are something the team is interested in and that if they do put them out, they "will be free."

As for any other details, Bordeu said that he's "not ready to share them yet," but assures fans that "we're gathering all the community feedback we're getting...we want to listen to what the players are saying."

You want to listen to what this player is saying, ACE Team? Add kickable flaming pigs. No more, no less.

UPDATE: Worried that ACE Team would get greedy with the DLC? Worry not. They've posted in the comments below to "guarantee our upcoming DLC will be free."

In the near future, the team plans on releasing the first patch for the game next week as well as support for Garry's Mod, which should result in some wacky pictures considering Zeno Clash's unique and surreal cast of characters.

cbordeu

Apr 25, 2009
Hey! That pig trick (kicking it against opponents) is pretty hard ;)

I'm one of the devs of Zeno Clash and I can guarantee our upcoming DLC will be free. We're planning on hopefully sending out our first stuff next week, which will be support / compatibility with the popular Garry's Mod, but we plan on doing more cool stuff as mentioned in the news article.

The first patch may be next week too. It will address:
1) A manual targeting option (as well as breaking off lock-on)
2) Issues with the pickup of objects conflicting with targeted enemies.
3) Throwing your weapon
4) More stuff I don't remember... :p

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Sweet. Not only is the game fantastic, but it's getting good support after release. ACE Team is becoming one of my favorites in the developer's community.

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
cbordeu said:

I'm one of the devs of Zeno Clash and I can guarantee our upcoming DLC will be free. We're planning on hopefully sending out our first stuff next week, which will be support / compatibility with the popular Garry's Mod, but we plan on doing more cool stuff as mentioned in the news article.

3) Throwing your weapon
Garry's mod compatability? You are legends, seriously. Making amusing situations with your crazy creatures will be fun.

I vote for a porcupine-ish creature that you can pick up and bludgeon people with. And flaming pigs. Your ideas #2 and #3 address pretty much the only problems I had with the game. (I tried it at a friends house, because there was no demo.) If you can fix those, I'll almost definitely buy it.

I also find your art style somewhat remeniscent of Oddworld, though different. Was that an influence in any way?

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
cbordeu said:

3) Throwing your weapon
Flaming pigs!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Keane Ng said:
cbordeu said:

3) Throwing your weapon
Flaming pigs!
I'll do you one better.

Exploading flaming pigs. Pigs pumped full of whisky and then set on fire. Yeah, thats right. PIG MOLOTOV COCKTAILS.

9of9

Feb 14, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
Keane Ng said:
cbordeu said:

3) Throwing your weapon
Flaming pigs!
I'll do you one better.

Exploading flaming pigs. Pigs pumped full of whisky and then set on fire. Yeah, thats right. PIG MOLOTOV COCKTAILS.
You heard the masses. The DLC needs a new Flaming Pig Launcher weapons >.<

Also, welcome to the Escapist forums =D