Team Fortress 2: The RPG

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Team Fortress 2: The RPG

Ever wonder what the epic saga of RED and BLU would look like if it were an RPG instead of a first-person shooter? Well, wonder no longer.

Y'know, every now and then fans can really surprise you with something. These days, with tools like Photoshop and movie editors, fans can, say, turn a run-and-gun shooter like Halo into a JRPG [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/89373-Master-Chief-Goes-to-Midgar]. Combine image editing and a spark of creativity with the incredible flexibility of Garry's Mod, though, and you've got a recipe for success.

That's exactly what one poster [http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=5773] on the TF2Maps forum did. With Garry's Mod and some time spent in Photoshop, he turned the colorful world of Team Fortress 2 into the beginnings of a heartfelt and compelling story with Heavy and Medic searching for their missing best friend, Scout.

The images show different quests, an item shop, and cutscenes - the only thing about this that isn't awesome is the fact that it doesn't actually exist. The wondrous world of TF2: The RPG exists only in the creator's mind - and in our hearts.

That is, of course, unless someone decides to make it. You readin' this, Valve? Get on it. ASAP.

(Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5230588/team-fortress-2-the-rpg])

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
If the guy keeps up with it, this might become one of the best "web comic" for TF2 this year. It's so freaking sweet. TO ZOMBIE GOASTS!!!!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'd play it. But I'd be more inclined to play Left 4 Dead: The RPG, so that we can learn the backstory of Bill. And pretty much just Bill. The others are too young to have much room for a compelling story.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I love the special appearance by John Freeman, complete with "Zombie Goasts"

But yeah, I'd play this, I would play it till the cows come home, and then, I would play the cows.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
I'd buy it for reals. The idea sounds really good the classes are already set up generally all of them with a different specialty so the basic concepts are met. So the rest of the game would be easy going. It would make for an interesting game for sure i would buy it.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Is this a reaction to the whole wild speculation that's going on that the next TF2 update will include "loot" like weapon drops form enemies you kill and randomly generated weapons with different stats and levels are going to be included.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Look in the background, on the ledge in the "Real life consequences" comic. I found the demoman hilarious throughout it.

Earthbound

Aug 13, 2008
I'd buy this game. Just need to get a level 99 Natasha and a stack of crit buff potions and I'll be good.