Capcom Giving Out 64,000 MS Points

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Capcom Giving Out 64,000 MS Points

Capcom is making it rain with a massive Microsoft Spacebuck giveaway to promote the release of the Bionic Commando multiplayer demo on Xbox Live.

Hate being forced to buy inconveniently proportioned amounts of Microsoft Galaxydollars whenever you want to buy something on Xbox Live? Wish you just had a ton of points that you could use instead of having to restock periodically? Well, get lucky and your wish may just come true, as Capcom's giving away 64,000 MS Points.

The contest comes as a promotion for the Bionic Commando multiplayer demo, which just hit XBL today. No, you don't have to make a funny Photoshop of yourself with a bionic arm or caption some stupid picture to win. You just have to download the demo and then change your Xbox Live motto to the words "Bionic Command = RAD." Then get seven of your Xbox Live friends to do the same, and send a message to the "Capcom-Unity [http://capcom-unity.com/capcomcontest], and you're golden.

So it's not that easy, really: you need to get seven friends to play along, plus sign up for a Capcom-Unity account, plus go through all the hassle of changing what might be a cool XBL motto (mine is currently "get out of here, STALKER"). But the reward is pretty sweet: for the winning entry, the main winner gets 8,000 MS Points, a Bionic Commando lunch box, and a download code for Bionic Commando Rearmed. That person's seven listed friends get the same package, sans the lunchbox.

Capcom says that you can be on multiple lists as well as enter multiple lists if you have more than seven friends who have downloaded the demo and changed their mottos. The contest runs until just before midnight on May 13. Check here [http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2009/04/29/bionic_commando_demo_is_live_contest__win_64000_microsoft_points_the_easy_way] for more rules and regulations.

Bionic Command = RAD, huh. Oh, wait I get it. Because Bionic Commando is "rad" as in it's cool, but it's also Rad because the main character, the bionic commando, is named Rad. Real clever, guys.

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
Is it just me, or does that sound INCREDIBLY similar to a pyramid scheme?

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Lios said:
If you disregard the fact that eight friends can just have each other listed if that is their wish, and also that the "losers" don't actually lose anything.

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
JediMB said:
Lios said:
If you disregard the fact that eight friends can just have each other listed if that is their wish, and also that the "losers" don't actually lose anything.
Except for the fact that they didn't get anything while one of their "friends" did, while all the while looking like Capcom's little *****.

Jul 9, 2008
Lios said:
JediMB said:
Lios said:
Except for the fact that they didn't get anything while one of their "friends" did, while all the while looking like Capcom's little *****.
No, all 8 involved people get it.
But the reward is pretty sweet: for the winning entry, the main winner gets 8,000 MS Points, a Bionic Commando lunch box, and a download code for Bionic Commando Rearmed. That person's seven listed friends get the same package, sans the lunchbox.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Lios said:
Actually, pretty clever way to get a lot for people interested in the game real quick

|
7-7
|
7-7-7
|
7-7-7-7
|
7-7-7-7-7
|
7-7-7-7-7-7
|
7-7-7-7-7-7-7
|
7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7
see how it keeps building? like slaves, building a pyramid...

OH - yea, it's really 'rad'

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
I don't have any clue what I'd get even if I had that much points. Couple DLC's here and there, few albums from RB than it's like "okay......3000 points left...now what?"

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
Too much work for too little reward. 64,000 points is about 800 dollars worth of points. Not that I would be ungrateful to get it, but the chances are slim to none, and I like my motto of "CHEEZEBURGER!!!"

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
Wait...
Isn't this just a demo they are releasing?

Based on the image, my first impressions of the game are:
"Gaaah! Lensflare eyestrain."

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I can't be bothered, I'm not even excited about the game in the first place.