Eidos "Second Project" Announcement on May 11

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Eidos "Second Project" Announcement on May 11

Thief [http://www.eidosmontreal.com] continues to strengthen.

The latest edition of Edge Magazine, released on May 3, includes a recruitment ad for Eidos Montreal featuring the hints [http://www.deusex3.com/] along the way that it will in fact be a new Thief project.

One intrepid internet sleuth has dug up yet more evidence that the new game will have players racing across rooftops and gliding through shadows. The ad bills the game's predecessor as a "GameSpy Hall of Fame" title as well as on GameSpot's "Great Games of All Time" and "Ten Best Heroes in Gaming" lists; according to the quick-thinking GameSpot forum poster [http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26868659&tag=topics;title], the only franchise that appears in all three of those lists is Thief. Making the case even further is the fact that not-quite-completely concealed underneath the headline banner promising the announcement are a few points of what appears to be stylized lettering that just happen to correspond almost perfectly with the Thief title logo.

Of course, it could all be a ploy, a bit of horribly cruel misdirection to sharpen the impact when a non-Thief announcement is made. But would Eidos really be so heartless? We'll find out next week!

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Yahtzee should be happy.

Oh, Eidos. You're such a tease. But if it is another Thief installment, I will look forward to playing it.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
If its not theif, some marketing people are going to be lynched by angry gamers

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Please be Thief. I've wanted to play a new one for soooooooo long. Was such a wonderful, original game...

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Just you watch, it'll be a stylized version of the Hitman logo.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
They have only announced so far that the franchise starts with the letter t. Pardon me for being incorrect, but doesn't Eidos now also own the Timesplitters franchise? A sequel to either would be fun though.

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
I sure hope it's Thief. Especially since all the reports on Velvet Assassin are terrible. We need a good stealth-em-up.

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
darkstone said:
Just you watch, it'll be a stylized version of the Hitman logo.
If it's Theif I'd be happy but if it is a stylized logo of Hitman I'd fucking jumped out the window.

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
If they can make a new Thief that's as good to play as the first two were, I'll be a very happy man.

Of course, if they mess it up... I may be more than a little annoyed.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I hope it's Hitman, my lust for bloodshed is building up due to the summer approaching...the walls are closinng in *Gasp*