50 Cent Wants Blood on the Sand Sequel

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
50 Cent Wants Blood on the Sand Sequel

Fans of games in which rap moguls cause millions of dollars in collateral damage while trying to recover stolen crystal skulls, get excited. 50 Cent knows you want more. He wants more too.

If you've played through 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, you'll know that it's a bit hard to imagine where a sequel could go. After all, 50 Cent had pretty much killed every single person in the world by the end of the game. There weren't any more crystal skulls to get back, any more helicopters to blow up, any more Hummers to jump across bridges.

And yet, if you want it, Fiddy is willing to give it. "I'm hoping we'll be able to do it," the rap mogul told MTV News [http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1610494/20090501/50_cent.jhtml]. "With the success of this actual project, we'll try to do it again." Hopefully he says "we" and "do it again," he means the same team from Swordfish Studios that made the first two games - they flopped with Bulletproof, but genuinely seemed to hit their stride with Blood on the Sand.

"[Fans] said it's a good video game," 50 said. "They enjoyed it. I had the opportunity to play with some people online. That was exciting and another way to reach people that are aware of me."

Meanwhile, Mr. Curtis Jackson's other game-related project, a Saints Row movie, seems to be facing some obstacles. "I was trying to option the rights," he said. Discouraging word there: "was." I'm no more a fan of game-to-movie adaptations, but a 50 Cent-produced Saints Row flick seems like a good match. Apparently, the price of the project got too high even for 50, who said that "the more we talk about it, the more expensive it will get."

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Blood on the Sand looked like a great game. By all means, give the man a sequel. I'm going to actually rent Blood on the Sand now that I remembered it exists.

It's like Saint's Row: over the top fun. From the videos and reviews, at least.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Sigh...

I don't know. I hold contempt for him being the front man for all I dislike in rap music today, but if the game was good, why the hell not? It's hardly shovelware, is it?

And I agree with Onyx Oblivion, if you look at it from that perspective, then I guess it's fine.

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
Part of me wants to get Blood on the Sand. It looks pretty epically fun.

As for him wanting a sequel, I say do it. It sounds like a good idea.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I wish 50 Cent would go away. Get out of our place. You have your own place at the craphole rap area, leave us gamers alone. God, stop trying to be a pop princess like Hillary Duff who has to do everything and sell every type of thing. There are currently 2 too many bad overglorifying games of yourself you probably wack off to, we DONT need a 3rd. I dont like posting so much hate in one post, but I HAVE to if 50 Cent is going to keep doing this crap.

mr mcshiznit

Apr 10, 2008
Hell yeah give the man a sequel. I would rather see this than Dynasty warriors 5321: Crazy Slash Fest 12 part 6

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Someone needs to tell these egomaniacal rap retards that just because you're rich and people know your stage name, you can't get everything you want.

So, 50 Cent, NO. There should NEVER be a Blood on the Sand sequel, in much the same way there shouldn't have been a sequel to the last game with your ugly-as-sin mug on it. You're a talentless cultural pollutant. Please stop buttfucking my hobby with your sub-par masturbation fodder. Apparently "music" is your area of expertise, and I say that using the broadest definition of the word counting monkeys beating rocks together in rythm and sitcom theme songs, so stay there, AND NEVER come anywhere near video games ever again.

You keep showing up and making your horrible shooters, the gaming community is going to put a restraining order on your dumb ass.

I swear I have got to fire those hitmen I sent. First Tom Brady, then Albert Pujols, now 50 Cent. Maybe I should pay him with a knife in the face instead of a shot-out kneecap...

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
I will approve if and only if it is TWICE as crazy, TWICE as over the top and features a boss battle where you fight via rapping into a Rock Band/Guitar Hero mic. Now that's a game I would buy.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
CountFenring said:
I will approve if and only if it is TWICE as crazy, TWICE as over the top and features a boss battle where you fight via rapping into a Rock Band/Guitar Hero mic. Now that's a game I would buy.
I agree, he can have the go ahead as long as he proves he can come up with an even more off-the-wall plot, and no using recent movies this time.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Is this really the kind of game you give a sequel?

The initial response to this game was "it's gonna be mindless over-the-top fun" and that's about it, but then there was the "uniqueness" to it that got it to sell. I'm afraid that one game was enough and if we don't realize that then I think people will start getting sick of "50 Cent - Piss on the grass" and any other of his "Liquid on a Surface" games much faster than we may think. We could use that time and energy to make other similar games and get more enjoyment out of that than having to constantly milk the cash cow and just hope it doesn't die from being overworked. Sequels usually end up trying too hard to recapture the original feeling which may not bode well for 50 since that game was unique (believe it or not) and anything else may end up feeling like fanservice and recycling.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Is this really the kind of game you give a sequel?

The initial response to this game was "it's gonna be mindless over-the-top fun" and that's about it, but then there was the "uniqueness" to it that got it to sell. I'm afraid that one game was enough and if we don't realize that then I think people will start getting sick of "50 Cent - Piss on the grass" and any other of his "Liquid on a Surface" games much faster than we may think. We could use that time and energy to make other similar games and get more enjoyment out of that than having to constantly milk the cash cow and just hope it doesn't die from being overworked. Sequels usually end up trying too hard to recapture the original feeling which may not bode well for 50 since that game was unique (believe it or not) and anything else may end up feeling like fanservice and recycling.
I do agree with everything you said. I also laughed at the Liquid on the Surface bit. Eventually, however, he'll run out of liquids. This can only mean one thing.

50 Cent: Jello on the Hat.

Hippopotamus

Feb 3, 2009
You can take 50 Cent and make a really melodramatic game. I think Penny Arcade has a strip to where you can take the series.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/3/13/

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
50 Cent still hasn't been on a quest to absorb all the Ego Points in the world yet. That could work.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
50 Cent - Blood on the Snow? Fiddy Cent goes to Alaska to club baby seals.

Yeah, no.

Slightly off-topic here, but I do think the title should've been "50 Cent Wants more Blood on the Sand".

Yes, I am out of things to do.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Kiutu said:
I wish 50 Cent would go away. Get out of our place. You have your own place at the craphole rap area, leave us gamers alone. God, stop trying to be a pop princess like Hillary Duff who has to do everything and sell every type of thing. There are currently 2 too many bad overglorifying games of yourself you probably wack off to, we DONT need a 3rd. I dont like posting so much hate in one post, but I HAVE to if 50 Cent is going to keep doing this crap.
Agreed, he's a bit too full of himself.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Well...once again, we come to the decision of buying it or not, should it be released. I will not buy it, in fact, games featuring any form of singer...well any game where you play as the singer brings a certain feeling of suicidal-ness to me. It's a shame that 50 Cent doesn't know that the people in his games that get killed are real people. That's right everyone, seen an increase in deaths...now you know who to blame. XD

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
A few "Fiddy" haters in this thread...

I don't like his music or his ego, but if the game was fun to play, than what does it matter? I'll be playing the game in 2 days, and I feel that I will end up enjoying it far more than one would expect to.

For those referring to the suck factor of his first game (50 Cent: Bulletproof), he wasn't involved in that as much, and decided that after that, he wanted to attach his name to something he be proud of, rather than the last one.

See this, a video that actually made me respect Adam Sessler as a reviewer:

http://g4tv.com/thepile/videos/36915/Sesslers-Soapbox-50-Cent-is-Worth-Your-Dollars.html

Rowtree

Mar 21, 2009
Damn They Can't make a saints Row movie with 50 cent! My Suit wearing Cockney accented dude would be pissed off!