Civilization IV Comes Complete In May

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Civilization IV Comes Complete In May

If you've been waiting to play Civilization IV in its authoritative form, look out for the Complete Edition this May, which includes the original game and all the expansions in a single package.

Since the release of Civilization IV in 2005, the game has seen two expansion packs in the form of Warlords and Beyond the Sword, and, more recently, a Civ IV-based remake of Sid Meier's classic, Colonization. That's quite the bounty of content, and if you're like me and saw this whole thing coming a mile away, you've been waiting all this time so that you could just play it all at once.

The chance to do that will come on May 12, when 2K releases Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, which will include the original game, the two expansions and Colonization in "one complete package."

The package will be available at retail (no mention of digital distribution) and will run for the value price of $39.99. 2K made a point to tell everyone that it's not an evil company that hates gamers by reminding us that it's "entirely DRM free." So far this is a PC-only deal, which makes sense considering Colonization still hasn't made its way to Macs.

$40 bucks is a steal, considering there's already a Civ IV "complete" package on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/sub/393/] that runs for $50 but doesn't come with Colonization. Of course you have to leave your house to buy this, but who knows, that could be a blessing it disguise.

I have a tradition of being totally behind when it comes to the Civ games. I didn't play Civilization III until a month or two before Civ IV got announced. So, in keeping with that, maybe when I get around to playing this, we'll see a Civ V announcement. Or not.

Feb 13, 2008
Colonization is a bit naff though. They wrecked the basic premise in order to horde you unless you ignore the basic idea of Liberty. Really needs a patch before it becomes enjoyable.

mikemart

Apr 16, 2009
hmm

the only civilization game ive ever brought was revolution

i like the civ games so i guess thats the best thing to get

i did get colonization also, i kinda got lost...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I liked Revolution (I forget where the ' was), but games just took waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I'd rather not play a multiplayer match that can go on for more than an hour. You know?

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
Hmm.. I already bought a Civ4 complete (the older version minus colonization), and I got it for £20 retail, so I don't really see the point of them releasing this again. Except for them making a few extra bucks I suppose.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Don't really care about the Civ franchise, but oh well. Nice to know I'll have the option!

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
lol already have Civ IV and Beyond the Sword. Lost many, many hours days weeks to that game, let me tell you.

rohit9891

Jan 21, 2009
The best news for me here isn't that it is a complete edition...they've bought me by saying that it's DRM free.Why cant all developers be like this?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Andy_Panthro said:
Hmm.. I already bought a Civ4 complete (the older version minus colonization), and I got it for £20 retail, so I don't really see the point of them releasing this again. Except for them making a few extra bucks I suppose.
It's the same philosophy as movies to DVD. Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go camp out for the Plutonium Unrated Superedition of Office Space.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Damn, not out for the mac, oh well, I'll stick to my regular Civ IV until they get around to it, I doubt the expansions offer all that much extra enjoyment.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
I liked Revolution (I forget where the ' was), but games just took waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. I'd rather not play a multiplayer match that can go on for more than an hour. You know?
Heh.

Heheheheheh.

Then Civilization IV is definitely not for you. I once knew a guy who played the same map on Civilization for...well, 6 months. About an hour a day.