Champions Online Press Weekend Impressions

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Champions Online Press Weekend Impressions

Champions Online has an incredibly robust character creation mode, and a bunch of really nifty ideas under the hood. Unfortunately, it needs a lot more polish before it's ready to go anywhere.

Read Full Article

Feb 13, 2008
Personally, the character creation system can never be too complex. CoX kept me occupied for days. (I had logged over 1500 hours on CoX)

I'm really hoping for great things here, and Cryptic have shown they're willing to learn, even if they do make some crackpot decisions, like Lusca in CoH.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Personally, the character creation system can never be too complex. CoX kept me occupied for days. (I had logged over 1500 hours on CoX)

I'm really hoping for great things here, and Cryptic have shown they're willing to learn, even if they do make some crackpot decisions, like Lusca in CoH.
Oh, I agree, the character creation is awesome. It just is in desperate need of an "easy track" for people who want to jump right into the game.

PieMaker

Oct 7, 2008
Character creation was one of the best aspects of City of X. So many hours wasted trying to look for the best costume combination for my villain, and in the end... scrapped again out of whim, and the process starts again.

Sadly, City of X is dying, and I hope Champions thrives in areas the former games didn't, keeping the same formul that kept us entertained.