The Only Atari Jaguar Game of 2009

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
The Only Atari Jaguar Game of 2009

After six years of development that began eight years after its platform stopped being manufactured, Mad Bodies will be released on the Atari Jaguar this year.

Remember the Atari Jaguar? One of those systems best left forgotten, like the Virtual Boy or the Sega 32X. Most of us only remember it as a joke, but these days you'll find people who are devoted to any consumer relic of times gone by, and the Jaguar is no different. Take the fine folks [http://madbodies.forcedesign.us/authors.htm] of FORCE Design, for instance. They've been working on a Jaguar game for six years now, and, now, finally, it's ready for the world.

It's called Mad Bodies [http://www.madbodies.com/], and it's a cross between a top down shoot-em-up and Breakout (you know, that arcade game where you bounce a ball to break down walls, like vertical Pong). Mad Bodies, FORCE Design writes, "will always get some bodies mad. It wouldn't be Mad Bodies if nobodies get mad!!"

These guys have been working on a Jaguar game for more than half a decade. You shouldn't be surprised that they're a little bit crazy.

The premise for the game's just as incomprehensible. A new evil is threatening the safety of the galaxy, and it's up to heroes like ETHunter, Thunderbird and uh, Wes, to stop Graphics Man from destroying the world. How to stop said Graphics Man? Why "enter the Dark Knight Games tournment co-hosted by Dave Vaporware," of course.

Mad Bodies features 10 stages, "excellent sfx" and "cool bosses." Pre-ordering the game will cost you $80, plus shipping. Check it out in action here [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx70z7Ic4sY].

(GameSetWatch [http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2009/05/new_jaguar_game_announced_mad.php])

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
Way to go, 6 years making a game no one will play.
Edit: After watching the video of the game, those years were definitely wasted because the game looks incredibly boring.

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
wow talk about a bad release date a lot of people barley remember the jaguar and even fewer people still own one

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
So... What system is Duke Nukem Forever for again? I think this is a "prequel" of sorts to DNF. Maybe FORCE Design has employees with powerful premonition skills.

mikemart

Apr 16, 2009
i really hope they arent expecting good sales

not only is it for an old system, it costs 80$ which is more than current gen games

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
mikemart said:

not only is it for an old system, it costs 80$ which is more than current gen games
Not only is the system old but its one which most people would rather forget about. Now I must get back to work on my virtual boy game which will make me MILLIONS! [/sarcasm]

mikemart

Apr 16, 2009
link670 said:
mikemart said:

Not only is the system old but its one which most people would rather forget about. Now I must get back to work on my virtual boy game which will make me MILLIONS! [/sarcasm]
o rly now? is it in an actual 3-d world or is it like every other game and could of been done on the Snes

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
mikemart said:
link670 said:
mikemart said:

o rly now? is it in an actual 3-d world or is it like every other game and could of been done on the Snes
Actually it was a joke, I actually don't have the time or the skill to do something like that.

mikemart

Apr 16, 2009
link670 said:
mikemart said:
link670 said:
mikemart said:

Actually it was a joke, I actually don't have the time or the skill to do something like that.
i know it was a joke, i was making a joke how the virtual boy was apose to have virtual worlds but they just did the same crap that could of been done on any system

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
A few older systems are still getting newer games, the SEGA CD got a new Sonic game made by fans which was actually really good, you can play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Mighty or Shadow (saved the worst for last. It's all based off Sonic 1 in a lot of ways in terms of levels but each character has special abilities that help them along (Sonic- Spindash, peal out, Knuckles- glide, climb etc) It's called Sonic Mega Mix, you can literally burn the game and put it in your Sega CD, pretty cool, much better than Sonic and the Black Knight.

Best of all? It's free.

There are also some new RPGs coming to Sega CD and even ones that were never put out in the US.

Kogarian

Feb 24, 2008
Why'd it take so long to develop such an old-style game? Did they have only a few people on board, or were they really lazy?

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
I'm amazed that they spent so much time developing this, when the game footage easily suggests it could have been created as a Flash game.