Huxley Launches Closed Beta Sign-Ups

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Huxley Launches Closed Beta Sign-Ups

After what has seemed like an eternity in development, Webzen's MMOG/FPS Huxley is ready to finally show its face to the public by starting signups for its upcoming closed beta.

Don't sweat it if you've never heard of or, more likely, forgot about Huxley, an MMOG/FPS hybrid that has been in development for years by Korean studio Webzen. The game disappeared for some time after its initial reveal, but was recently spotted [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/gdc_2009/5948-GDC-2009-Huxley-Preview] at this year's GDC and now is gearing up for people to actually play it with a closed beta.

"Huxley: The Dystopia is ready to reveal what it has evolved into, and we want our community to be the first to see the great progress we've made gearing up for the game's launch," said Philip Yun, CEO of Huxley publisher NHN. "As just talking about the game doesn't do it justice, we are excited to invite players in to see exactly how we brought together elements of FPS' fast action and MMO's character development, combining it all within a intricate storyline with stunning visuals."

All you have to do is head over to the Huxley SIGN UP FOR BETA [http://huxley.ijji.com/]" button, create an account with Huxley gaming portal Ijji. Then fill out a detailed questionnaire about who you are and how your computer runs (you'll have to upload your DxDiag results). It's like applying for a job, except the job is killing things in an Unreal Engine 3 powered Korean MMOG/FPS hybrid.

The sign-ups will close on the 20th of this month with the chosen few being announced a week later. The beta period will last from June 3rd to the 14th and be available everyday from 2 in the afternoon to 10 (Pacific Standard) at night.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
It's an MMO/FPS? Damn I saw the name and I thought my dream of an Evolution defence game had finally come true.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
Is this still coming to the 360 ? Just wondering since I've not heard word of it in a while. (don't know if it was announced on ps3 as well)
It does look like a great game though :)

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
We had someone check out the game at GDC, here's the skinny on it, if you were wondering:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/gdc_2009/5948-GDC-2009-Huxley-Preview

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Lukeydoodly said:
Looks like the console versions of this game are forgotten.

Or delayed at least :(
Just easier to Beta-Test on computers.
Anyways, YES!!!! I am so glad this game is still in our future! I have been hoping for it and started to join the side thinking it was dead. (considering I heard about it around when I heard of Dead Rising being developed...)
Now I can re-add Huxley to my list of games I want!

catalyst8

Oct 29, 2008
I've been waiting for this game for at least four years, & at least twice a year we're told it's 'going to be released later this year/the beginning of next year.' I'll believe it when I see it.
Assuming it does ever see the light of day, UNFORTUNATELY it will be a free, non-subscription game, which means every low-IQ, leet-speaking, spoilt little brat with custard for brains will be able to log in & ruin it for the grown-ups.
If it isn't subscription based I'm seriously wondering whether it'll be worth playing, purely because of all the social inadequates & imbecilic pre-pubescent dross who'll clutter up the servers.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Hold on, let me finish holding my sides with laughter............

I remember my friends raving about this game back in my sophomore year of high school and them being so disappointed when its release got pushed back. I can't believe this is still in production, I thought it came out years ago. The way my friends had been talking about it that year I thought they had all but compiled the final code.

I'm going to continue laughing now, you all have a nice day....*walks off laughing*