Stolen Pixels #89: Left 4 Dumb: Part 11

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #89: Left 4 Dumb: Part 11

Left 4 Dead is a lot like life; sometimes you just need someone to unlock the closet door for you.

Read Full Article

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
I was waiting for the inevitable closet-scene. Absolutely loved it, Louis had the best facial expression I've ever seen.

Not to mention poor Zoey.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
And knowing Louis, he'll believe that he's been rescued and forgive Francis and all will be well in the happy-land that is his brain. Or rather, his mush. Ah well...

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Yay, a Left 4 Dead comic series ;) And poor Lewis - aw well, they'll get the chance to have Griefer (Francis) killed off sooner or later, heh.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Good comic Shamus, I think your L4D mini series has convinced me to buy it, really looking forward to it!

henebry

Sep 23, 2008
This was one of the best in the series so far, Shamus. It's funny to think about how the game would feel from the character's POV. Truly, it would be far more horrifying than a zombie movie, where at least once the Zombies eat you, YOU STAY DEAD.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Trivun said:
And knowing Louis, he'll believe that he's been rescued and forgive Francis and all will be well in the happy-land that is his brain. Or rather, his mush. Ah well...
Nah, that would be more of a Bill thing with this story. Louis isn't the brightest, but he at least knows when he's been screwed-over.

Akaros

Feb 8, 2008
The characters do talk about the death a little, they all have an epitaph comment for the dead person. Still, funny comic.

Flying Pilgrim

Apr 24, 2009
The Zombies in Left 4 Dead go with the 28 Days Later,Rage Virus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_Days_Later... They cannot do normal functions such as eating.

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
Keep this up and you'll have more strips about Left 4 Dead than you've done about how bad DRM is.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Aw I was hopeing for a cresendo event. Oh well theres not much more to poke at in the game so it'll come eventually. Surprised that there were no friendly fire jokes yet.

Jul 9, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I always thought they just pretended it was a completely new survivor who happened to be hiding in the closet, who coincidentally looks and acts exactly like the dead survivor. Not such a stretch for the company that attempted to cover up the plot hole that in the entirety of Eastern Europe, everybody speaks with a North American accent.
Except Grigori, but yeah, point. I always assumed that the Combine just transplanted a lot of Americans there, maybe so they'd be out of their element. Maybe the Europeans are in America, who knows?

Jul 9, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
orannis62 said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
I always thought they just pretended it was a completely new survivor who happened to be hiding in the closet, who coincidentally looks and acts exactly like the dead survivor. Not such a stretch for the company that attempted to cover up the plot hole that in the entirety of Eastern Europe, everybody speaks with a North American accent.
Except Grigori, but yeah, point. I always assumed that the Combine just transplanted a lot of Americans there, maybe so they'd be out of their element. Maybe the Europeans are in America, who knows?
For a species intent to suck the planet dry, that would be pointlessly wasting a lot of resources.
They were also trying to subjugate humanity and make everyone stalkers (or soldiers, I guess). That would take a lot of time, so doing what's necessary to limit the possibility of rebellion would be, from their perspective, a good thing (although it didn't quite work out).