Street Fighter IV PC Comes With FightPad

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Street Fighter IV PC Comes With FightPad

If playing Street Fighter IV on a keyboard sounds about as appetizing to you as lunch at Arby's, make sure to cough up a little extra dough for the special Mad Catz FightPad bundle of SF4 on PC, which comes packaged with a fancy controller built for the game.

Keyboard and mouse may still be the ultimate control setup for playing real-time strategy games and first-person shooters, but fighting games will never, ever be ideal to play when you have to use WASD to do quarter-circle motions for a plain old Hadouken.

So what to do now that the current king of the fighting genre, Street Fighter IV, is coming to PC this July? Well, if you're willing to cough up an extra $20, you can pick up a special bundle which includes both the game and a Mad Catz Street Fighter IV FightPad in the same package. It'll retail for $60, while the regular bundle goes for $40. Unfortunately, the bundle will only be available in US stores.

Capcom VP of business development and strategic planning Christian Svensson had hinted at the bundle earlier this year, saying that he was "in talks with Mad Catz to figure out how can we actually do some bundles of pads and Street Fighter IV PC."

Keep in mind that these pads, which are specially designed for SFIV and feature a six face button set up with a nice d-pad, are still plenty hard to come by in regular retail stores, and sell for around $40-60 on the secondary market. In a sense, you'd be paying $60 for a $40 controller and a $20 game. Not a bad deal if you think about it that way, but also be aware of the fact that there'll probably be people picking up the bundle just for the controller, and that it'll probably limited in any case, considering how hard of a time Mad Catz has producing the controllers already.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
I'm hoping that picture isn't a shop and the pad will really be a 360 compatible FightPad instead of a pad that only works on the PC.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I hope those buttons are flat - I hate the 360's buttons because when I push multiple buttons at once it does a move that is different than what I commanded it to do!

Though I like the setup of the two button rows.

I think if I got this I would spend even more money though and buy the arcade stick thing and just plug it into the USB.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Hmmm, so no love for Canada? Well, too bad, wouldn't have been able to even play this online thanks to GFWL > . >

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Keane Ng said:
Unfortunately, the bundle will only be available in US stores.
....For FUCK sake! How can something like that even be legal? So I have to import this fucker and pay more? Because I am NOT using the 360 pad for street fighter again!

*Puts on glove* So who do I have to Shoryuken for this one then?

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
obisean said:
Fuck you I love Arby's
Seconded, minus the expletives. What the hell is wrong with Arby's? I love my market fresh sandwiches, and beef n' cheddars!!
Also, it's good that they're doing that, though I haven't exactly had good luck with Mad Catz controllers in the past....

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Frizzle said:
obisean said:
Fuck you I love Arby's
Seconded, minus the expletives. What the hell is wrong with Arby's? I love my market fresh sandwiches, and beef n' cheddars!!
Also, it's good that they're doing that, though I haven't exactly had good luck with Mad Catz controllers in the past....
Thirded? Arbys' food is good! Their roast beef sandwiches are awesome.

And I hope that MadCatz controller does better than the COUNTLESS gamecube ones I had to go through.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Woe Is You said:
I'm hoping that picture isn't a shop and the pad will really be a 360 compatible FightPad instead of a pad that only works on the PC.
It's the same pad as you'd buy for the 360.

Some more things to keep in mind:

-There will only be the Ryu version.

-I've used these pads pretty extensively and they are quality products, so no need to worry about Mad Catz here.

-Arby's is disgusting.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Keane Ng said:
Woe Is You said:
It's the same pad as you'd buy for the 360.
It looks like there's two extra buttons.

Also, damn round buttons to hell!

-or maybe my thumbs, but either way, something is up with me and that 360 controller.

xenxander

Nov 14, 2007
i already have two usb controllers that work quite well for fighting games so I see no appeal for this controller other than it may go for a pretty penny on Ebay when they no longer make them (say in four or five months), then you can sell it to some chump for $80 because it's "Limited Edition" stuff.

About Mad Catz, I have one of the Playstation Memory cards and it hasn't broke yet but I've never used their controllers.