Alt+Escape: Amateur Surgeon

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Alt+Escape: Amateur Surgeon

It's Trauma Center, except with pizzacutters and stapleguns instead of scalpels and sutures.

Read Full Article

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Oh dear, this seems hilariously bad and so much fun. Time to give it a go.

Damn you, Alt+Escape! So many flash games I have to try.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Hehe, I spotted this about a week ago. I was wondering when you were going to get around to it.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
This just in, mother sues game developers of "Amateur Surgeon", after she treated her daughter's wounds with a stapler, lighter and tried to relieve her pain by giving her an injection with a corkscrew.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
ckeymel said:
I can't figure out the corkscrew thing :p Evilness!
You have to select the corkscrew, then the salve and click anywhere.. hold it down and follow the red zone around! He didn't mention that, but I found it in the help section (bottom left).

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I've actually been playing this game for a couple of years now. Its really fun, but gets impossibly hard about the time you get to the abandonded hospital.
Well then its probably not a good thing I got stuck on about the fourth patient...

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
needausername said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
I've actually been playing this game for a couple of years now. Its really fun, but gets impossibly hard about the time you get to the abandonded hospital.
Well then its probably not a good thing I got stuck on about the fourth patient...
You just need practised hands. It has a very low tolerance for mistakes
I replayed after posting and got to the first chainsaw encounter, and I can't be bothered with it right now.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
So, the principals name is Alan Probe...? They just had to do that, didn't they?

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
really bad game, way to hard, and not hard in the i takes a precise cut to make it but bad in as bad design, some times you have to burn the scar from a certain direction and theres no way to know which way before your patients heart rate has gone down

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Mariena said:
This just in, mother sues game developers of "Amateur Surgeon", after she treated her daughter's wounds with a stapler, lighter and tried to relieve her pain by giving her an injection with a corkscrew.
Hah, you know what? That wouldn't actually surprise me. Let's just hope that the disbarred Jack Thompson doesn't frequent Adult Swim in his quest to find 'offensive' and 'violent' games...

That said, this is a tough game, but still pretty fun. Good choice, Funk :D

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
Ooooo an [adult swim] game. Floor it! is still my favorite of their's. Though Orphan Fest deserves an honorable mention.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
needausername said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
You just need practised hands. It has a very low tolerance for mistakes
Practised hands? I can't get past Peter on Act 3, and that's not because of my lack of "practised hands". Instead, I'd like to blame the really poor hit detection. Normal and isolated wounds are no problem, but once you get to poison.. oh boy. Three tiny cuts right next to each other? The game hasn't got a clue what you're trying to burn.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I never understand how this got on the App store.... Doesn't seem very, family safe for Apple :p