PSP Is Go!

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
PSP Is Go!

An prematurely released episode of Sony's gaming show Qore has revealed a new member of the PlayStation family, the PSP Go.

Someone is going to be in some pretty big trouble at Sony HQ as an episode of their gaming show Qore was released early, full of delicious truths that Sony weren't quite ready to share. The biggest revelation? A new PSP, called the PSP Go. While the episode of Qore was rapidly pulled, it was already too late, as it had made it on to YouTube.

The YouTube video is also no longer with us sadly, but the right people saw it and the details made it out and a little digging from interested parties threw up some product shots as well.

The PSP Go has a large sliding screen, covering a D-Pad, an analogue nub-thing, and the traditional four PlayStation face buttons. Also included are Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability and up to 16Gb of flash memory. In my humble opinion, it's the best looking PSP yet. Heck, it might be the best looking PlayStation device in general, I mean I loved my PS2, but she sure was ugly!

Expect to see more details on the PSP Go soon, quite possibly next week at E3.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sony-qore-accidentally-outs-psp-go]

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Snap! That thing looks nice. Watching the crappy movies might not be so bad on that screen, it looks a fair bit bigger. plus the setup in general just looks more condusive to gaming.

Now all they need are some really good games to make me care...

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
Meh, everyone suspected as much already. It was one of those rumors that I didn't even come close to doubting.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
That looks horrible. Like they're ripping off the Game Boy Advance SP or whatever it was called.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Heh, can you say the worst kept secret since Diablo III? Even the damn mockups of it were pretty much right on the mark.

But boy does that thing look uncomfortable. I'd probably rather get another PSP2000 than touch one of those.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
I just think it plain looks ugly and uncomfortable. And all of the features they're pushing for it can be done by my PSP 1000 (the movie rentals, game downloads, etc).

I think I just find it dumb theres no second analogue nubby. Could've been like the PSX days, all games ship with 2 control schemes. Or at least map the left/right triggers to the nubby so we can get some decent camera control in a JRPG for once...

EDIT:
Oh, and whats with the bluetooth? Seems pretty random, but I guess they're still pushing the Skype thing.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I'll truly believe it until I officially see it because all I gotta say is "WHY SONY...WHY". As cool as the concept is it's unnecessary at this time. It better damn well still support UMD's, oh and cue second analog stick whiners in 3...2...

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Podunk said:
Snap! That thing looks nice. Watching the crappy movies might not be so bad on that screen, it looks a fair bit bigger. plus the setup in general just looks more condusive to gaming.

Now all they need are some really good games to make me care...
Too true, decent games would probably be a nice bribe.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
-Seraph- said:
I'll truly believe it until I officially see it because all I gotta say is "WHY SONY...WHY". As cool as the concept is it's unnecessary at this time. It better damn well still support UMD's, oh and cue second analog stick whiners in 3...2...
I beat you to it :). (The whining that is)

Also, theres no UMD Drive [http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/30/1924254]. I wonder if Sony will ever drop pricing on their digitally distributed games (HA!).

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
Podunk said:
sunami88 said:
This thing is so damn full of fail... Oh my god.
Care to elaborate? It sure looks like a better upgrade than the DSi...
it looks like an abortion of plastic. ya the specs are good, but its probably really awkward to hold

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Sweet good lord. That is the most sacreligiously ugly thing I have ever seen.

I hate PSP's anyway.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
It looks good, but what would I do with it now that I am bored with Chains of Olympus.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
That looks a whole lot like a cell phone, you know on of the ones that slide open. Well in any case I still won't get one, I prefer My DS Lite.

L33tsauce_Marty

Jun 26, 2008
I still think that the original concept for the 'PSP 2' was better. Looked a bit like a phone but I like it much better than this.
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/psp2thoughts-mar10.jpg