Script For Transformers 2 Will Probably Suck

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Script For Transformers 2 Will Probably Suck

A writing duo reveal the harrowing tale of writing the script for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

The Writers Guild strike was problematic for Hollywood and apparently the new Transformers movie has been hit especially hard. Speaking at BotCon, writing duo Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman talked about the mad dash to get the script written.

First, they had just two weeks to hammer out a 20 page outline that would serve as the pre-production guide, and then after the strike had finished, they had only three months to get the script finished. The problem was that they had other projects that they had to work on that were rapidly approaching their deadlines

To solve this, they hooked up with screenwriter Ehren Kruger, whose credits include The Ring and Scream 3. The trio holed up in a hotel suite and wrote furiously, trading pages back and forth with Michael Bay occasionally showing up to see what they were up to. To be fair to Orci, Kurtzman and Kruger, they might have written something amazing, but personally, I wouldn't be willing to put money on it.

Let's hope the explosions are really good.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5273240/3-writers-%252B-3-months-%252B-1-hotel-room--bayhem]

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Why would you even suspect a good script in a movie like that? It's going to be cheesy, pop-corn entertainment, not more and not less.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Don't worry, to cover it, during the action sequences, Bay will have close-ups on the legs, arms and other quickly moving parts of the Transformers in battle or just moving while the characters shout their lines from off-screen.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
its a franchise about galaxy traveling sentient robots fighting eachother. Hardly expect a Shakespearian script for it no matter how long they have to write.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
The_Oracle said:
Gamer137 said:
Well, no one watches these movies for the plot anyway.
Then what DO they watch it for? Do they get paid to see it?
If it's on DvD then yes.
I've got nothing to do 50% of the time while at work, so i watch a lot of movies... it sortof lowers the bar for what is acceptable entertainment.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
The_Oracle said:
Gamer137 said:
I do =D

Anyway, what kind of news is this?
"Today, things will be falling downwards!"

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
dekkarax said:
The_Oracle said:
Gamer137 said:
explosions I guess.
If they want to see explosions, they should do it the old fashioned way, i.e., stealing a Russian nuclear warhead and detonating it somewhere off the coast of California. It's more fun and it ensures your childhood memories won't be ruined. :D

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I am not the least bit surprised; it's not like the script is even going to matter in the end.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Gosh, such negativity from you guys. I really enjoyed the first movie and I hope the second one is just as good if not better.

I won't ask what you guys hated about it because I don't really feel like reading that wall of text and hearing about how they fucked up your childhood. My standards for movies must be really low because I enjoy almost every movie I watch. I don't think they're all masterpieces, but they leave me feeling quite content when I leave the theater.

I mean seriously it seems like every big movie that comes out EVERYBODY, and I mean, EVERYBODY hates it, then again it could just be that those who hate it feel they need to spread the bile so they run to the internet.

I set forth a challenge to all of you to do what I do when I go see a movie; Sit down in the theater with little to no expectations about what's coming and grasp the basic concept that movies are meant to be entertaining. Don't go in expecting it to be the thing of fan-fiction because its not. Try, just try to freaking enjoy a movie for once instead of looking for everything bad about it.

That's my two cents on the matter, I really don't care what you think about it.

Feb 13, 2008
Delta4845 said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I called it before the strike :)
And the lottery this week will contain numbers
Fair call ;)
Transformers Script:

Meet The Autobots
Meet The Decepticons
They have a fight
Decepticons appear to win
Optimus pulls a "Hogan" [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_hogan] and shoots Megatron in the head.
Autobots win

I'd like a million dollars for that idea.

P.S. Soundwave comes back as a PS3. Half a million from Sony as well please.