First Look: BioShock 2 Multiplayer

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
First Look: BioShock 2 Multiplayer

We take a look at the multiplayer component of the upcoming sequel to 2007's Art Deco-est first-person shooter.

Read Full Article

jackbomb9

May 6, 2009
I suppose it's kind of appropriate, isn't it? As a splicer, you're supposed to have been driven insane by the use of plasmids and what's more insane than a little teabagging?

And I'd have thought that Big Daddies would be like the Jedi in Star Wars: Battlefront 2, where you just randomly get one at certain spawns and everybody else tries to kill you instead of each other.

Having said that, I probably won't be using multiplayer. Would if I could, but my wireless connection is just that little bit too far from my tv, and I can't afford a booster.
/cry

I agree though, that I can't see it being anywhere near as rich in setting and story as the single player would be.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
personally, iloved the old bioshock, multiplayer wasnt something I screamed for but ill have it if theyre giving it.

as i see it. it may be a poorlymade addon but if i get some fun out of it with friends I dont care, and if it really is that bad, ill just avoid it, the main story will still be there

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
I've read about the multiplayer before this and, well, it has it chance at being very fun!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Whether or not you think it makes sense - I'm still not sure how I feel about it,personally - it won't be poorly made. What we saw looked very polished.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Eh so what if it makes/doesn't sense as long as the gameplay is good thats all that really matters in MP DM and TDM.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
I'll proabably try it a couple of times just to see how it is. However I test it'll be my multi-player FPS of choice unless I have a friend over (please let there be a form of split-screen). But I'll likely stick with the single player content since I belive Bioshock is best played as a single player game as it is so story-driven.

May 7, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Whether or not you think it makes sense - I'm still not sure how I feel about it,personally - it won't be poorly made. What we saw looked very polished.
agreed

they listened to the fans this time...really looking forward to this the game looks overall improved

Jetbaby

Jan 28, 2009
Dumb multiplayer n00b with dumb question: is the purpose of multiplayer gameplay to team up with others to campaign/quest together? Or is that limited only to MMORPG formats? Does the Bioshock Multiplayer capability allow for team-ups or is it strictly a PVP platform? Much obliged!

Earthbound

Aug 13, 2008
Jetbaby said:
Dumb multiplayer n00b with dumb question: is the purpose of multiplayer gameplay to team up with others to campaign/quest together? Or is that limited only to MMORPG formats? Does the Bioshock Multiplayer capability allow for team-ups or is it strictly a PVP platform? Much obliged!
Most FPS multiplayer modes are very unlike MMORPG questing or leveling. Most of the time, it's just deathmatch (PvP) or an objective-based match (capture-the-flag or command point control). This multiplayer seems to be geared more toward deathmatch, to my dismay. I'd rather it be some kind of command point variant, for those make multiplayer so much more than just a twitch contest.

The closest thing I can think of that would correspond to a "quest" type multiplayer would probably be Left 4 Dead. Small group against many weak enemies with occasional boss enemies.

ThatJagoGuy

Feb 11, 2009
I think this might be an atmosphere ruiner... unless the levels are completely unrelated to the SP levels.

PureFlight

Apr 16, 2009
Angron said:
personally, iloved the old bioshock, multiplayer wasnt something I screamed for but ill have it if theyre giving it.

as i see it. it may be a poorlymade addon but if i get some fun out of it with friends I dont care, and if it really is that bad, ill just avoid it, the main story will still be there
Here, here! I think the Multiplayer is just a bonus. if it sucks, i'll go back to Resistance.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
ThatJagoGuy said:
I think this might be an atmosphere ruiner... unless the levels are completely unrelated to the SP levels.
To be fair, it's set around a decade previously, right? Therefore, won't Rapture look, and feel, completely different, with more life, to try and emphasise the destruction that's wrought and brings it so low?

Also, actually, the multiplayer addition doesn't sound that bad, I think, and could well be decent.