David Carradine Found Dead

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
David Carradine Found Dead

Actor David Carradine [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001016/], best known for his roles in Kill Bill and the 1960s television series Kung Fu, has died.

The son of prolific American actor Kung Fu [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001017/], in which he portrayed Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin monk who lives a lonely, nomadic existence wandering through the 19th century Wild West.

His career from that point was long, varied and not particularly noteworthy, although he did earn a certain degree of lasting fame as Frankenstein in the 1975 classic Saints Row [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072856/]. But it was mostly syndicated television series and low-budget crapola that marked his work, cementing his reputation as a solid B-movie actor.

But in 2003 Carradine experienced a renaissance of sorts thanks to his Golden Globe-nominated performance in Quentin Tarantino's two-part opus Kill Bill [Kill Bill], in which he wowed audiences with his portrayal of the intense, psychopathically murderous yet somehow sympathetic title character. In spite of his newly-resurgent fame, however, Carradine showed no sign of easing up on his schedule; according to the Internet Movie Database he had roles in 14 separate projects in 2009 alone.

Carradine was found dead at a hotel in Bangkok, Thailand, where he'd been working on his latest film, Stretch. Initial reports suggested he had died of natural causes but it now appears that the actor committed suicide by hanging. He was 72.

Source: BBC [http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8083479.stm]

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Some news source reported that he was also hanged from his genitals.

If that's true, man... Carradine left with a bang.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
-So Bill killed himself, eh?
-It was the FIVE FINGER PALM OF DEATH
-Why isn't anyone questioning Uma?
-I guess that spot in Epic Movie made him loose his will to live.

Now that I've said all of those, this thread is now 100% respectful. Thank me later.

CrazyBerk

Jul 1, 2008
TheTygerfire said:

Now that I've said all of those, this thread is now 100% respectful. Thank me later.
Those weren't even that funny i'm sure the internet could come up with something much funnier and miles over the line.
Also :< This sucks.

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
Well that's too bad. I mean he was in nothing but garbage for about twenty years, but who could forget the legendary Frankenstein with the grenade-hand?

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
CrazyBerk said:
TheTygerfire said:

Those weren't even that funny i'm sure the internet could come up with something much funnier and miles over the line.
Also :< This sucks.
I know, but those are the most obvious and anything more would be a Probation (for myself or anyone else).

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Suicide huh? How do you confuse natural causes for hanging? Here's a tip: If he's hanging by his neck from the ceiling, chances are it was hanging.

If it's true that he was in Epic Movie, then I don't blame him.

FrossetMareritt

Sep 10, 2008
Malygris said:
Initial reports suggested he had died of natural causes but it now appears that the actor committed suicide by hanging.
What's natural about hanging? "We found my great aunt last week in the river with cement shoes. We first suspected foul play or maybe a suicide, but it turns out that it was natural causes."

I could see it being a mistake if it was some sort of drug (legal or illegal) that stopped his heart, and at first they suspected cardiac arrest (based on his age)... but hanging? How do you suspect natural causes from that???

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
The master, dead? I call bullshit. He probably faked his death and is currently training in an abandoned warehouse for an underground death match tournament.

The first step of grieving is denial. :(

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I have no idea who the guy is, or anything about him. However, it's still sad that he's dead, and my sympathies go to his friends, family and anyone else who knew him. Rest in peace, David Carradine :(.

Feb 13, 2008
Trivun said:
I have no idea who the guy is, or anything about him.
That's almost as sad as news of his death. :(

Dammit young 'uns, get out and see the greats before they're gone forever!!!!

This has been a public broadcast on behalf of people who have watched far too many old films.

Anyone who says "Who?" to Patrick McGoohan, Vincent Price, Humphrey Bogart, Peter Cushing, Bela Lugosi, David Carradine, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre really need to see one of their films. Desperately.
And I'm sure there's a number of equally great actors/actresses that could be added to that list.