Uwe Boll Paid To Be in Postal 3

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Uwe Boll Paid To Be in Postal 3

The infamous Postal director himself will be a non-player character in Running With Scissors' upcoming Postal 3, a privilege he earned not through the goodwill of the developers but with his own hard-earned cash.

Running With Scissors boss Vince Desi isn't like most gamers out there. Even after Boll butchered his franchise with his Postal film adaptation, Devi doesn't actually hate him.

"I like Uwe and consider him a friend, I don't agree with those who scream for his head, they should try to make a movie then they can criticize him," Devi said.

So you'd think that Desi wouldn't hesitate - Boll being a friend and all - when the infamous director requested to be in his game. And he didn't. Uwe Boll will be in Postal 3. But he didn't get there because Desi likes him, he got in the game because he paid to be in it.

"Uwe Boll paid us to put him in the game," Desi said. "We agreed when he licensed the movie rights."

What role will Boll play in the game? "Uwe will be presented as himself and of course you can have fun with him, it's Postal!" Desi explained. So. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like Uwe Boll is an NPC in Postal 3 and you can mess around with him however much you want. Set him on fire, do other unspeakable things. Urge to buy Postal 3...rising.

[Via Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uwe-boll-paid-to-appear-in-postal-3]]

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
gamer hate for uwe boll + game that lets u do...things to uwe boll = potential million seller, & probably more ammunition for the "zomg games are corrupting the youth" brigade

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
I'm pretty sure devi was only sweet talking him into the game so that the game would sell millions more than possibly *GASP* Modern warfare 2?

Kanazuchi

Aug 20, 2008
Keane Ng said:
"...I don't agree with those who scream for his head, they should try to make a movie then they can criticize him," Devi said.
So if I sit down to eat a meal at a restaurant, and it's undercooked, salty, and swimming in gravy that smells like a rancid sock, I can't criticize the chef because I'm not one? Sorry, I can't buy that.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Wow, well I look forward to the million or so youtube videos about killing Uwe.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
So, I get to KILL UWE BOLL?

I must have this game. I bet that even if people don't actually buy this, the piracy rate will be through the roof due to Uwe's "fans" wanting to "play" with him.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Well, it seems that Postal 3 will beat out Wii Sports for best selling game ever. If they advertise with the slogan "FUCK UP UWE BOLL WITH THIRTY DIFFERENT WEAPONS!" that is.

I might actually get it now...

EDIT:

Kanazuchi said:
Keane Ng said:
"...I don't agree with those who scream for his head, they should try to make a movie then they can criticize him," Devi said.
So if I sit down to eat a meal at a restaurant, and it's undercooked, salty, and swimming in gravy that smells like a rancid sock, I can't criticize the chef because I'm not one? Sorry, I can't buy that.
Best counterargument ever.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Danzorz said:
Uwe boll murder? In my videogames? Awesome.
It's more likely than you think.

So does this mean that when I buy Postal 3, the esteemed Doctor Boll gets a cut?

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
I really rather liked Postal 2, so I'm guessing a sequel AND the oppurtunity to leave Boll screaming would be rather good!

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I thought the Postal movie was fun. Might just be a fanboy of the game though. Uwe being in Postal 3 really has no sway over me buying it. I probably will. Definitely will if Coleman makes another presence.

sallene

Dec 11, 2008
Kill Uwe Boll in a video game in heinous ways?

thats a game that practically sells itself, at least the marketing budget should be cheap.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Am I the only one who didn't think that Postal was shit? Also, I will buy this game to kill Boll for his other tragedies.

hagaya

Sep 1, 2008
I think Uwe Boll has to pay somebody to direct a movie. Or breathe. Postal has been about pointless ass-kicking and letting people kick the ass belonging to Boll means at least three fantastic ad campaigns coming.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Ok, who the hell keeps giving Boll money? He somehow keeps getting funding for his movies, and he apparently has enough spare change lying around to be able to pay to be in a videogame. Seriously, where does this money come from? Every one of his films has tanked at the box office; I just can't figure this out.

And, just as importantly, who decided there should be a Postal 3? The first two weren't exactly much good, and they had less of a plot than Doom. They were just stupid, but not in the good way that Doom was.
Keane Ng said:
you can have fun with him, it's Postal!
I anticipate this being about the only way one could have fun with a Postal game. That being said, the opportunity to kill Toilet Boll is very appealing.