Reset Generation Hits Macs, Kongregate

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Reset Generation Hits Macs, Kongregate

Gaming-reference-filled puzzle-strategy game Reset Generation now supports Macs and has made its debut on social gaming site Kongregate, its developers announced today.

RedLynx's Reset Generation [http://resetgeneration-site.arena.n-gage.com/] had humble beginnings on mobile platforms, but now it's pretty much available to play on everything you could possibly imagine: Windows-supported devices, Nokia's N-Gage, Windows PCs, online via browsers, and now Macs as well.

The title stars a cast of characters culled from videogame history - the heroic Plumber, the extreme Hedgehog, a Bomberman clone, a "Level 50 Elf" which is basically a Blood Elf from Warcraft, and other archetypes like the Ninja and Sci-Fi Knight. These characters battle it out in combat that's like a cross between Tetris and a light strategy-RPG. The action's filled to the brim with gaming culture in-jokes and references - this game's not called Reset Generation just because it sounds kinda cool.

So if you want to try Reset Generation, it shouldn't be very hard to do. You don't even need a fancy phone anymore. The game's playable for free in your browser at the Kongregate [http://resetgeneration-site.arena.n-gage.com/], the popular socially-oriented gaming site.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I remember when this was being advertised on the Escapist along the sides. Then I saw it actually cost money.

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
The web version has always been free I thought. They only charge for the phone version.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Well, the difficulty curve is a bit inconsistent with easy levels being punctuated by difficult levels that become really easy, until you get to the 4 way death match. But the cyborg gun settings are funny "Kill em all and kill em all again"

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Uh? It has always been free and available on the browser. Although it was just supposed to be a sales gimmick for the Nokia version (I can't see how "You can pay to have this on your Nokia? Phone... or have it on your browser for FREE! Buy it for your Nokia? phone!" is supposed to work, though.)

It is a very fun game, with qwirky strategy, and works very well. The old games thing is just a gimmick, but one I like.

I stopped playing because I forgot my password. Maybe this new browser-based version doesn't require one?

nhex

Dec 9, 2008
Even though it's a web-based game, it wasn't playable on Mac or Linux until now. Pretty good stuff, addictive game and pretty funny (though some of the characters were just so absurdly broad and stereotypical, the joke got old quickly, like the Pokemon girl, the ninja and the Sonic stand-in).

Soigieoto

Jan 15, 2009
Works on Macs you say

Then is there a separate area for macs?????

Because its not working for me.

*grumbles*

Woem

May 28, 2009
Soigieoto said:
Works on Macs you say

Then is there a separate area for macs?????

Because its not working for me.

*grumbles*
Doesn't work on my Mac either. Did they actually test it?