Stolen Pixels #99: Home, Smelling of Malted Barley

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #99: Home, Smelling of Malted Barley

Game journalist extraordinaire Travis Taylor provides his unique spin on this year's E3.

Read Full Article

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
That was pretty damn funny, especially the joke regarding reviews.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
Games? I didn't know E3 was about games!
Bah! Who needs games? They are so overrated! What we need is more waggling sticks, more cameras, more creepy ai kids and all the knick knacks we can handle. We don't want to hear about games! All we want to know is how much money Nintendo makes.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Russian_Assassin said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Bah! Who needs games? They are so overrated! What we need is more waggling sticks, more cameras, more creepy ai kids and all the knick knacks we can handle. We don't want to hear about games! All we want to know is how much money Nintendo makes.
Exactly man! Wii Vitality Sensor FTW!

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Wow Travis, go take some LSD and maybe you can give us a release date for HL: EP 3 and even tell us if Alyx is naked or not! Don't stop now!

EDIT: Woah wait a sec...comic 99...

One more to go until the next milestone Shamus!

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Hah. I love the joke about Valve paying him to leave.

Three guesses on what he was bothering them about. First two episodes don't count.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:

Three guesses on what he was bothering them about. First two episodes don't count.
ic wut u did thar.

Also, I loved the "creepy kid thing" comment about Milo. It really is a bit too big of a leap to go from barely talking to games at all (and in very few games), to suddenly having a game where we're expected to be fully engaged in the conversation with the game.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Also, I loved the "creepy kid thing" comment about Milo. It really is a bit too big of a leap to go from barely talking to games at all (and in very few games), to suddenly having a game where we're expected to be fully engaged in the conversation with the game.
Could it be any creepier than Seaman?

At least that had Leonard Nimoy to help us with the initial shock of it.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Could it be any creepier than Seaman?

At least that had Leonard Nimoy to help us with the initial shock of it.
You didn't have to emote and get into it with Seaman, though. In fact, the voice recognition was crappy enough that you could basically grunt into the microphone and he'd know what you're "saying" if you know what sounds it links to which words.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Russian_Assassin said:
HardRockSamurai said:
What, you mean the Joystique [http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/440/The-Joystique]?

Tunahead

May 29, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
DeadlyYellow said:

ic wut u did thar.

The creepy factor of Project Natal doesn't really come from being fully engaged in conversation with a computer so much as it does from the E3 demo having a woman in her thirties putting the moves on a fully digital small boy.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Tunahead said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
DeadlyYellow said:

ic wut u did thar.

The creepy factor of Project Natal doesn't really come from being fully engaged in conversation with a computer so much as it does from the E3 demo having a woman in her thirties putting the moves on a fully digital small boy.
My apologies for your troubled upbringing as a child if you honestly thought that her interaction with Milo was "putting the moves" on him.