Playing Halo On A Humungous TV

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Playing Halo On A Humungous TV

Halo 3 to be precise and on a TV bigger than your house. That's got to be worth a look.

The screen at the Dallas Cowboys new stadium is big, and I don't mean 50" big, I mean over eleven thousand square feet big. The screen measures 72' x 160', which is around 176' on the diagonal or 2100" if you prefer, and made up of thousands of LEDs. So what do you think the best use for a TV the size of four tennis courts is?

That's right, videogames. Specifically Halo 3 and Gears of War 2.

What's odd about this story though isn't the fact that someone played games on that monstrous screen, it's who played them. Something like this you'd expect to come from some gaming website or a Texas based developer trying to drum up some publicity. It's certainly not something you'd expect from the director of Jonas Brothers videos. Steve Fantone took a little time away from concert preparations to get some giant gaming done, and even to make a the above YouTube video.

Just goes to show, anyone could be a gamer these days.

Source: Engadget [http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/20/giant-cowboys-stadium-led-wall-caught-playing-xbox-360-during-do/]

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
If it were a chair, it'd be impractical. If it were a phone, it'd be impractical. But this is just...awesome.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
It's just like I said - everyone plays Halo/Gears.
Even people who direct videos for Satan.
When did people start directing videos for you Maxi?
Wait, why did I re-open this kill zone >.>

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
Rednog said:
How many souls do I have to sell to get that?
bring me the soul of an innocent for each inch and ye shall recieve your prize in 10 to 12 working days.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
I wasn't confused, I just didn't want to type all that out.

Also that is a ridiculously large screen.
Seriously.
Aha, but then you had to type all of that out again after it >.> and yeah but it would kick ass to own such a screen.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
I literally just stumbled upon this and was going to read it but decided to look at this post first. That is an awesome thing, just hope you don't make a mistake (or else everyone will see it and you'll be embarrassed).