Rumor: Michael Jackson Stars In Upcoming Mystery Game

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Rumor: Michael Jackson Stars In Upcoming Mystery Game

Nearly 20 years after he first made the leap to the videogame world in 1990's Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, the King of Pop is rumored to be working on (and starring in) a mysterious new game.

MJJ Productions, the wing of Jackson's financial empire dedicated to pursuing multimedia ventures, is crafting the as yet unnamed title, according to Dutch gaming site 9Lives [http://74.125.155.132/translate_c?hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http://www.9lives.be/gamepublishers/9lives/nieuws/nieuw-michael-jackson-game-op-komst&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhjgAsWamdE762mgEIljHDWsWIO5dA].

The extent of Jackson's involvement with the actual development process is not known, though the rumor does mention that his likeness will appear in the game.

Gamers -- specifically Sega fans -- will recall that this is far from the first time the singer has entered the realm of gaming. Not only did Jackson star in Michael Jackson's Moonwalker [http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/moonwalker/moonwalker.htm] (the finest Final Fight clone to feature Bubbles The Chimp), he also made surprisingly lengthy cameo appearances in classic Dreamcast rhythm game Space Channel 5, and Midway's arcade-style pugilism simulator Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2.

So far, no pricing or release date info has been offered for the unnamed title. While this is unsurprising given the "Rumor" characterization we established in the headline, it should also be noted that the mystery game also currently lacks a genre, or any sort of word on what the gameplay might be like.

Until we see some solid evidence that this thing exists, I won't be holding my breath. Well, except when we're around the Elephant Man's bones.

It's like he doesn't even wash them!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
HHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

*crotch grab*

If this is real, I will get this if only for the hilarity value.

Mr Sunday Night

Jun 23, 2009
Moon Walker was one of the most awesome games of my childhood... Any MJ game half as good as that would be epic.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I wonder if it'll be like a puzzle game, like "Pick the lock" or "evade the creepy pervert". Obvious as that "he's creepy, and has been so for a long damn time" reference may be, there is still the confusion of why anyone would enjoy a Michael Jackson game. Even hard-core fans wouldn't buy a video game based on a singer who's career peaked a long ti-...Guitar Hero Aerosmith sold how many copies?
Dammit, it's probably going to go outsell Gears >:I

But all confusion and horror aside, it will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. Holding A to dance the bosses to death was the best part of that game.

EDIT: I guess thats not true. Rescuing little children from closets and trunks of cars and then seeing him on the news years later for certain acts with children is the best part. Is there irony somewhere in there?

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
c'mon now, don't these guys remember what happened to the last rape game that tried to get published.... be realistic there, fellas.. oh wait...

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
It's gonna be called Kid Dicarus. ... sorry I couldn't resist. :)

AH HEEE HEEEE!

-Jon
-Creator of Apocalypse Lane.