Charisma +2: A Better Kind of Booth Babe

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Charisma +2: A Better Kind of Booth Babe

What's better than a booth babe? A booth babe who actually plays games, says Yvonna Lynn, who founded a modeling agency called Charisma +2 [http://www.charismaplus2.com/home.php] that specializes in providing floor models who are also gamers.

While working at an exhibit at CNBC [http://www.nintendo.com]. "I decided then that it would be really fun to run an agency that offered models who are also gamers."

Last year she was finally able to pull it off, launching Charisma +2, an agency that caters exclusively to the videogame industry. Models from the agency appeared at Playboy [http://www.e3expo.com/]; although Lynn declined the offer, five others decided to take part.

Lynn says that while eye candy is nice, models who are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the product they're representing are far more interesting to the average gamer. "The gamers love the idea of a booth babe who actually knows how to play games," she said. Charisma +2 currently represents over 100 models, mostly students, who earn $20-$25 per hour at shows, although "specialty models" who wear particularly revealing clothing, give game demos or have other "particular skills with a game" can earn more. And all are required to be genuine gamers.

"I ask them to tell me what their favorite games are," Lynn said. "They don't have to be good. They just have to know it and have a passion for it.. The girls who aren't into [gaming] typically aren't interested in being with Charisma+2."

While modeling at trade shows for a few extra bucks is nice in itself, Lynn said the greater purpose is to help people get an inside track on the industry. Charisma +2 offers other services including voice and motion capture acting; she provided voice work for Quake Live [http://www.idsoftware.com] and a former model now works in the studio's QA department. "The main idea is to help these guys and girls get their foot into the door in an industry they normally would not have access to," she said. "That's especially true with the ladies, because this is such a hard industry for women to break into."

Now that's hot.

via: VE3D [http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/48576/The-Booth-Babes-That-Play-Games]

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
Charisma +2?

That is a genius name.

Also A girl who can game and knows that you need to shoot the cyberdemon until it dies is more appealing/seemingly obtainable. Unless she plays FPS games as a sniper. Then she's as attractive as the other boothbabes. Which is still very.

I'd type more but I'm staring at the picture right now, please leave a message after the beep.

Harrow

Feb 16, 2009
Rajin Cajun said:
Curtmiester said:
...(Looking at picture) I'm sorry, I totally forgot what I was going to say.
All I can think of is. I like motorcycles...a lot.
So then I'm not the only person here who suddenly got the inexplicable urge to ride a motorcycle. odd. Maybe I should continue staring at the picture of the... motorcycle... until I can figure it out...

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
sorry user name taken. said:
EmileeElectro said:
Wow.. XD
I hope it's not games like Cooking Mama...
Shame I'm not a size 8 blond in America, eh?
actually the models look like normal female gamers 0.o...its interesting
I dont know, you seen Becky Young, she's a gamer and she played Samus in "There will be brawl". She aint no normal lady.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
EmileeElectro said:
Wow.. XD
Ooh, I forgot to click the website. Indeed they do!
Phwoar, the male ones are pretty.. phwoar *fap fap fap*

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Oh gee, thanks Escapist. I sense a few more cold showers comming in my direction.

Gah. Life would be so much easier if I was female. And a lesbian.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
EmileeElectro said:
EmileeElectro said:
Wow.. XD
Hey, off topic, but what is the slang for girls masturbating? For guys it's fap. What is it for girls? Schlick?

May 7, 2008
EmileeElectro said:
EmileeElectro said:
Wow.. XD
O_O just seen the guys!

*fapfapfapfap!*

>.<!!!