PSP Go Will Hold Around 18 Games

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
PSP Go Will Hold Around 18 Games

The digital-only PSP Go should be able to hold around 17 or 18 games without any extra memory support, according to Sony.

For all the convenience that digital distribution and delivery brings, like any other innovation, it brings a host of annoying inconveniences as well. Any enthusiastic digital purchaser (especially those of you who buy things for the Wii) should be familiar with the aggravating problem of not having enough space for all the games you want to buy and have installed.

Will this still be an issue with Sony's upcoming all-digital PSP Go handheld and the games consumers will purchase for it off PlayStation Network? I guess that depends on how many games you'll want. Sony representative Al de Leon says that most PSP titles will weigh in at around "600-800MB" in size, which means that the PSP Go's 16GB can hold an "average of 17-18 games."

That's without adding any extra forms of memory - you can double the Go's storage if you're willing to shell out the cash for another memory unit, meaning you could have 34 or so games on the handheld. Also keep in mind that file sizes do vary - they could be relatively small or absolutely huge, like the 1.3GB version of Final Fantasy VII released last week.

Games, however, might not be the only things taking up space on your Go. De Leon revealed to CNET [http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10271897-1.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0] that Sony has reduced the cost of the PSP's development tools to broaden the range of developers who might use the device. "It will be mostly games, but there's certainly an opportunity to look at some non-gaming applications," he said. Check your stocks, read your email and then play some Monster Hunter? Why not!

[Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/25/sony-downloadable-psp-titles-will-average-around-700mb/]]

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I'm still pissed off that the Go!! will not use pro duo cards but stupid memory stick micros *punches wall*, dammit Sony I wanna use my CURRENT memory cards you dolts!! good to see a potential app store though.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Really? 18 games? I have to say, that's quite the feat, though I wouldn't need that many at once.

Consider me mildly interested. I won't get one, but I look forward to seeing further PSP Go news. Hopefully it turns out to be really good.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
memory doesn't sound like a problem for me, I usually keep/use around 10 games max, and the ability to re-download games is good too... problem I have is with the download speed... how long will it take to download a game?

aww yea

May 3, 2009
-Seraph- said:
I'm still pissed off that the Go!! will not use pro duo cards but stupid memory stick micros *punches wall*, dammit Sony I wanna use my CURRENT memory cards you dolts!! good to see a potential app store though.
i think the PSP go is sorta a sideways march and theyre gonna keep going with the regular psps

so you'll get to keep on using that 32mb stick!

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
aww yea said:
-Seraph- said:
i think the PSP go is sorta a sideways march and theyre gonna keep going with the regular psps

so you'll get to keep on using that 32mb stick!
32mb!? jesus who still uses those!? I know all about the fact that they will still be supporting the older versions, but it's still FUCKING STUPID that they switched to memory stick micros. I would have loved to have a Go! for a second PSP and be able to use my 8gig PRO DUO stick. But Noooo, Sony had to go and make another stupid mistake.

nipsen

Sep 20, 2008
Er. Are people looking for problems that don't exist on a regular basis, or something. It can use m2 sticks, so you can - in the near future - expand with 64Gb if you want. And keep that stick exclusively for your games if you want.. So what's the problem? That the Wii and other systems have tiny, tiny hard- drives, and no real possibility of expanding the storage? I mean... bad Sony! Bad!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
-Seraph- said:
I'm still pissed off that the Go!! will not use pro duo cards but stupid memory stick micros *punches wall*, dammit Sony I wanna use my CURRENT memory cards you dolts!!
They wanna make some damn money :p

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
Sounds fairly impressive, seeing as how I don't even have 10 PSP games xD

Meh, but my experience with downloading Patapon 2 was not a good one. I want a physical copy that I can play NOW, not having to jump through hoops for an hour and wait another two for the game to download >.<

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
AceDiamond said:
-Seraph- said:
I'm still pissed off that the Go!! will not use pro duo cards but stupid memory stick micros *punches wall*, dammit Sony I wanna use my CURRENT memory cards you dolts!!
They can make their damn money without changing storage formats :mad: oh well, I still got my 2000 so I'm already well off.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
AceDiamond said:
-Seraph- said:
Ohohoho I see what you did there.

Speaking of which where is Jumplion?

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Onmi said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
AceDiamond said:
-Seraph- said:

On holidays with barely any access to a computer and no access to his PS3. so probably either asleep or hanging with 'family'
Oh dear, my condolences.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
I will reiterate.
No.
No.
No.
I will not buy this device and the only possible way this could come into my possession is if my dazed and confused Aunt who knows absolutely nothing about video games were to buy this for my birthday or a similar event.

Never, ever before has a scam been so clear to me since I saw my first pop up ad.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Onmi said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
AceDiamond said:
-Seraph- said:

On holidays with barely any access to a computer and no access to his PS3. so probably either asleep or hanging with 'family'

What is this "Family" you speak of...