10 Minutes of Arkham ... In Polish

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
10 Minutes of Arkham ... In Polish

How do you fancy ten minutes of Batman: Arkham Asylum? Uh, it's in Polish though, is that alright?

The cosmic scales must always balance, so while on one hand, I present you with ten whole minutes of gameplay footage from the upcoming Batman: Arkham Asylum, but to balance it out, the narration is in Polish. And thus, balance is maintained.

I've watched it, and I have to say, the game looks pretty good, and not only do you get a look at the game itself, but ancillary things like the menus and the side quests are shown as well. The combat system looks especially good, with bonuses handed out for varying your moves.

The voice acting and all the menus are in English, so you're not going to have an problem figuring out what's going on, so sit back, relax and become the bat. Oh, and I'm pretty sure the Mass Effect thing is a joke.

You'll see what I mean, trust me.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5303348/ten-minutes-of-batman-arkham-asylum---in-polish]

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
This actually looks really cool; the 300-style combat is pretty nifty, and the shot of him swooping down on the henchmen was awesome. I might give this a rent when it comes out.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
nilcypher said:
How do you fancy ten minutes of Batman: Arkham Asylum? Uh, it's in Polish though, is that alright?
Footage is footage. I could care less about the language that it's in.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Everything looks awesome, except the camera during standard movement. Am I the only one getting sick of developers using the way off center over-the-shoulder view?

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
If there's any swear words then I'll pick them up... (I can swear really well in Polish.)

Hang on I'll just look.

Edit: Well I didn't spot any profanities - well no obvious ones at least.

As for the game, well it looks good. As always I'm skeptical about gameplay trailers as they are made specifically to make the game look good but even so I'll keep an eye out for it.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Everything looks awesome, except the camera during standard movement. Am I the only one getting sick of developers using the way off center over-the-shoulder view?
No, I'm with you too. I much prefer a first person view than a third person one. In my opinion it worked well in Splinter Cell - though that was a more middle of the screen view - and it worked terribly in Dead Space - a little closer perhaps, but even so I don't usually think it works. In this game it's not too bad - the standard walking isn't great but the camera angle seems to change to a better one when your doing you cool moves.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Oh god...I hope that elevator wasn't an omen of the loading times.

Anyway, great clip. I was pretty pessimistic before now. I looks awesome, especially the stealth sections. It'd be nice to play out batman like he was in the comics. Not that the movies arn't great mind you.

EDIT: Wish that polish guy would shut up and let the joker speak.

EDIT: I may ask my polish friend of mine to translate this. Knowing him he might just tell me batmans saying he's part of the YMCA or something...

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
The infamous SCAMola said:
Kukul, where's Kukul? Abedeus? Is anybody there?
My next door neighbour is Polish (or Czech, I forget - which is bad of me), I'll see if they can translate in the morning.

rasmusernst

Flaming Voodoo Cannonball!
May 13, 2009
Coming Soon!
Batman Arkham Asylum - Exclusive Polish DLC: The Cabbage Gun!

I kid I kid.

Looks like an OK game.
Just punch henchmen in the face until you get what you want.
Might do well combined with a hangover.

AdamAK

Jun 6, 2008
Here's what the commentator said:

The game takes place on an island, where the titular mental institution "Arkham Asylum" is located. The Joker has taken over the island and uses the radio to taunt Batman and inform his henchmen
You can gain points that you can spend on all kinds of gadgets for Batman.
You can also try to do some kind of extra challenges ( kind of like achievements, I guess? ) and collect background information about all kinds of characters.
He mentioned that there are many possibilities when it comes to taking out enemies ( like in the part with those snipers in the towers ).
Furthermore, enemies don't wait till you're done with a finishing move, but they try to intervene.
Batman has some kind of special visor that allows him to spot enemies and special objects. Blue units represent unarmed enemies, while red units have a gun or another weapon.

That's pretty much all he mentioned.

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
Oh, and I'm pretty sure the Mass Effect thing is a joke.

You'll see what I mean, trust me.
And an excellent joke at that. I don't even understand polish and I'm pretty sure they were making fun of loading scenes in general, but referencing to ME's.

At least...that's the train of thought that me laugh.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I am really interested in this, and will be getting it when it comes out.

The prospect of a good Batman game is just too much to resist.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
I thought that guy had 940 gigs of free space on his hard drive...

Thanks fucked up vision even with specs, couldn't see the decimal -_-

Edit: When Joker says "Ding Dong", he kinda sounds like Stewie from Family Guy.