Nomura Thinking of Maybe Starting Work on Kingdom Hearts III

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Nomura Thinking of Maybe Starting Work on Kingdom Hearts III

Squeenix big cheese Tetsuya Nomura says he has ideas for the third true Kingdom Hearts game, but he's not ready to really think about them just yet.

Fans of the crazy Final-Fantasy-meets-Disney crossover series Kingdom Hearts have more than a few upcoming games to look forward to, as long as you've got a handheld platform: 358/2 Days - winning a reward for "most nonsensical game title of 2009 so far" in my book - on the DS, the PSP's Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, and Kingdom Hearts: Coded on the quintessential Japanese gaming platform, the mobile phone.

However, what about the next proper console installment in the series? Nomura has plans for Kingdom Hearts III, but they're in the back of his mind for now as he works on Birth by Sleep and Final Fantasy versus XIII. "(S)ince Birth by Sleep isn't even out yet, I don't have to think about it until awhile from now," Nomura told Ultimania [http://www.khinsider.com/days/ultimania-interview.html].

"Even though I'm currently busy with Final Fantasy versus XIII, I'm also thinking that it's almost time to start thinking about it seriously," adds Nomura, with a caveat: "Though it's entirely possible that the next game in the series won't be KH3."

He must still be trying to figure out how many belts to put the characters in this time around.

(Via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5303476/tetsuya-nomura-on-kingdom-hearts-3])

Grayl

Jun 9, 2009
I don't know if I only speak for myself, but the little Kingdom Hearts Mobile phone games and DS games don't make up for us not getting a REAL Kingdom Hearts game.

I loved KH2, because the story was different, the combat was fun and refreshing (even if a little button bashy) and the inclusion of Disney characters added a whole new level to JRPGs.

But I want work on KH3 to start now! How long does it take to make a great game? 3 or 4 years? And they're only just thinking about maybe starting it now?

I have to say I'm a little annoyed. Stop with the silly little games and make us a Kingdom Hearts to end all Kingdom Hearts! You can't just give us a hidden trailer at the end of the game and then leave us dry for 5 or more years!

Nox13last

Mar 18, 2009
I agree with that guy to a lesser magnitude.

If it's PS3 exclusive, then I can't play it. They must port it back to PS2. I've been trying to predict which Generation console it's coming out on for a good few months and I still don't have an answer.

I motion that it, like, be PS2 as well as/instead of PS3. I'm not getting a PS3.

CantFaketheFunk said:
He must still be trying to figure out how many belts to put the characters in this time around.
Obscure JRPG attire reference ftw.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Grayl said:
I don't know if I only speak for myself, but the little Kingdom Hearts Mobile phone games and DS games don't make up for us not getting a REAL Kingdom Hearts game.

I loved KH2, because the story was different, the combat was fun and refreshing (even if a little button bashy) and the inclusion of Disney characters added a whole new level to JRPGs.

But I want work on KH3 to start now! How long does it take to make a great game? 3 or 4 years? And they're only just thinking about maybe starting it now?

I have to say I'm a little annoyed. Stop with the silly little games and make us a Kingdom Hearts to end all Kingdom Hearts! You can't just give us a hidden trailer at the end of the game and then leave us dry for 5 or more years!
You'd think most people would be used to waiting ridiculous amounts of time for a game to be released.

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
Yay??? I love KH but disney is >.>.......... If Hannah Montana Is in this game I swear people will DIE

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
GodsOneMistake said:
Yay??? I love KH but disney is >.>.......... If Hannah Montana Is in this game I swear people will DIE
Oh christ, you just killed my excitement for this game with that possibility.
If that happens not only will people die, but everything on the planet will, including cockroaches.

JenXXXJen

Mar 11, 2009
I thought the first Kingdom Hearts was pretty damn boring, I only finished it because my little brother made me. But then I absolutely loved Kingdom Hearts II, massive improvement. If the third one plans to follow suite, hurry up prz <3

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
GodsOneMistake said:
If that happens not only will people die, but everything on the planet will, including cockroaches.
Can I be left off the hook

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
GodsOneMistake said:
Relax, the only Disney characters that will get in are those from the old Disney movies. That way they can keep exploiting your childhood memories for cash.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
GodsOneMistake said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
GodsOneMistake said:
Yes you can because you hold the same reasoning as me. Anyone else want to survive the end of the world if Hannah Montana is on the game?

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Breaking news, Zac Efron will be a playable character!

No seriously, if this news is true, I am overjoyed. The first one was epic, the second was to a lesser extent, and I really want this to work. I love everything about the story, the romance of Sora and Kairi...Sora and Riku's rivalry, the standard good vs evil.

Aww the memories.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
GodsOneMistake said:
Relax, the only Disney characters that will get in are those from the old Disney movies. That way they can keep exploiting your childhood memories for cash.
Wrong. Kingdom Hearts 2, Jack Sparrow was a party-character.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
thisnameistaken2 said:
Another one, these games are monstrosities in my opinion

Grayl said:

I already dislike you more than most people..
Away troll!

If you don't even like the game, why did you click on the link?

Just to spout random hatred? Seems a little pointless to me.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
I have a personal bone to pick with Square. They just seem like they're taking their sweet time. For example, I honestly stopped caring about FF XIII about a few years after it was announced.
GodsOneMistake said:
If they even MENTION the Jonas Brothers or.........High School Musical.......in any way, shape or form, I will hunt and destroy anyone who has ever been associated with Disney.

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Internet Kraken said:
GodsOneMistake said:
Wrong. Kingdom Hearts 2, Jack Sparrow was a party-character.
Then maybe you will have Hannah Montana summons. Enjoy.

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
GodsOneMistake said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
GodsOneMistake said:
Yes you can because you hold the same reasoning as me. Anyone else want to survive the end of the world if Hannah Montana is on the game?
Well if thats the case I will join you

Nox13last

Mar 18, 2009
squidbuddy99 said:
I have a personal bone to pick with Square. They just seem like they're taking their sweet time. For example, I honestly stopped caring about FF XIII about a few years after it was announced.
GodsOneMistake said:
If they even MENTION the Jonas Brothers or.........High School Musical.......in any way, shape or form, I will hunt and destroy anyone who has ever been associated with Disney.
*cocks shotgun loudly*

Is anyone here a fan of Hannah Montana or High School Musical?
Come on, don't be shy!