Monkey Island Creator Keynoting PAX

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Monkey Island Creator Keynoting PAX

Illustrious adventure game designer Ron Gilbert will be keynoting this year's Penny Arcade Expo in September.

Industry veteran and all-around adventure game legend Ron Gilbert will be handling the keynote address duties at the annual Penny Arcade Expo [http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/] this September, PAX organizers announced today.

Gilbert is best known for playing a central role in the creation of many of the seminal LucasArts adventure games of yore, including Maniac Mansion, the Monkey Island games and more. He also wrote the famous SCUMM scripting language that was used to produce almost every LucasArts adventure game from Day of the Tentacle to Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Gilbert has previous connections to Penny Arcade, having worked [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/71575-Ron-Gilbert-Works-With-Penny-Arcade-Adventures] on the Penny Arcade Adventures episodic series with Hothead Games, where he currently serves as Creative Director.

"This is an unbelievable moment for us," said Robert Khoo of Penny Arcade. "I wasted an entire family vacation one year trying to figure out how to win that stupid spitting competition."

All this along with the Monkey Island revival and talk of resurrecting more classic LucasArts franchises. It just might be too much for the classic adventure game nostalgia whores out there. Don't die in ecstasy, folks, or you'll miss the convention, which takes place from September 4-6 in Seattle, Washington.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
sorry user name taken. said:
<-------- classic adventure game nostalgia lady

~opens arms~ someone needs a hug!! =D!!
I would hug you, but my arms seem to have deserted me so that they can go play Monkey Island.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
randommaster said:
<-------- classic adventure game nostalgia lady

~opens arms~ someone needs a hug!! =D!!
I would hug you, but my arms seem to have deserted me so that they can go play Monkey Island.
thats fair enough!!=3
(>^o^)> <(^A^<)
emoticonversation!
(Shut up spellchecker, that IS word.)