Red Faction Guerilla Getting Three DLC Packs

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Red Faction Guerilla Getting Three DLC Packs

For those of us who have yet to have their fill of demolishing buildings with a sledgehammer on Mars, Red Faction Guerilla will be getting three DLC packs, the first of which will be touching down in August.

Mars is a big planet, and it'd take an intrepid gamer to manage to complete the task of destroying literally everything on it, but I'm sure there are plenty Red Faction Guerilla players who have accomplished such a mammoth task. Luckily for those GeoMod-lovers, THQ and Volition have more Red Planet adventures in store in the coming months.

Starting in August, Red Faction Guerilla will be getting a number of DLC packs. The first of three is titled Demons of the Badlands, and will "feature a single-player mission arc that takes place in an entirely new Mars landscape outside of the existing expansive world." Demons of the Badlands will be released on August 13 for 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 on PSN.

Judging from the screenshots [http://community.redfaction.com/content/dlc-announcement-demons-badlands] you'll be getting more vehicles, more guns and more mayhem. Yep, that's a mech suit flipping over an armored car in the screen. Could this be enough to satisfy Guerilla fans' appetite for destruction? Guess you'll just have to get your ass back to Mars to find out. I knew I couldn't write this story without making that joke.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I could totally see this working. Guerilla needs a bit more variety: this could well provide it.

Conveant0

Feb 4, 2009
I wouldn't actually mind, if my Red Faction disk hadn't minced itself in martyrdom against the oppressive regime that was me, playing it for more than 3 hours at a time...

Well, here's to hoping they add a building reset/rebuilding option *raises drink* , because I've leveled everything and most people aong the way.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Hmm, interesting. Also, the presence of numerous Maurader themed vehicles and the like pleases me, human skulls on the radiator and all. :)

Though, I was thinking of just trading this game back in once I had finished it up. The possibily of DLC is almost always likely to complicate the decision though.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Now I almost regret returning that game after I could beat it in 3 days. Wait, wait...no, that was just a burp.

Shallow game is shallow.
Yeah same here. Hell, if I had just played the story missions and hadn't gotten distracted by all the pointless side missions I probably could have beaten it in one sitting. Good news though, Gamestop bought it back for quite a good price.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Conveant0 said:
Well, here's to hoping they add a building reset/rebuilding option *raises drink* , because I've leveled everything and most people aong the way.
Seconded, want to be able to level everything again without having to start a new game

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
ChocoCake said:
Maybe they'll make the vehicle gravity realistic this time around.
Actually, Martian gravity is about a third of ours. So the super-annoying flying car syndrome might be intentional. But probably not.

skcseth

May 25, 2009
DLC already? Well that was fast. Rockstar needs to take some notes from the THQ/Volition guys... And so does Bioware.

skcseth

May 25, 2009
Psychosocial said:
skcseth said:
DLC already? Well that was fast. Rockstar needs to take some notes from the THQ/Volition guys... And so does Bioware.
Rockstar? Are you kidding me? ROCKSTAR?

What these guys are, apparently, doing, is just adding some stuff. That's NOT on the same level of what Rockstar are doing with GTA IV, that game got some massive stuff added, multiplayer modes, weapons, vehicles and loads of missions.

Besides, Volition are still working on Saints Row 2 DLC, unless the latest one was the last one.
I meant in terms of speed dood....

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
3 DLCs don't make a great game. Unless it is Fallout 3 but one DLC failed and the game was already great.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Hopefully I'll mooch my friend to buy it for me for my birthday, I'm getting older and the time to reap the benefits of birthday presents is getting slimmer and slimmer!!