Milla Jovovich Signs up for More Resident Evil

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Milla Jovovich Signs up for More Resident Evil

Milla Jovovich has confirmed that that she will start shooting on 'number 4' at the end of the year, and we all know what she's already made three of.

Just ignore the first minute or so of this video, unless you're particularly interested in Milla Jovovich's 16-month old daughter's opinions. What's of particular interest is her confirmation that she will start shooting on 'number 4' at the end of the year. A quick check on IMDB [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000170/] confirms what we all already knew, the only movie that Ms. Jovovich has ever been in that had three previous installments was... (drum roll) Resident Evil.

The third movie, Resident Evil: Extinction, defied the law of diminishing returns and actually made more money that its predecessors and after its release, the producers almost immediately started talking about Resident Evil 4. This comment from Ms. Jovovich suggests that we'll see Alice make a return as well.

Why we'd want to is a completely different question however.

Source: Shock Till You Drop [http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10972] via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5306732/milla-jovovich-confirms-number-four]

BladeOfAkriloth

Jun 30, 2009
Ah, well, this is interesting, hmmm .... Damn it, i really taught better of her, but it seems i was wrong, she jumped on the " OMG like" bandwagon.... A, the movie? yea... haven't the foggyest bout' it, cuz i never watched the series.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
I can't see how 4 is going to be flying to japan and kicking Weskers ass with a army of clones? should just stay dead 3 was terrible.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Resident Evil 3 was poor, it was in the light and diminished the 'fear' element that would've made it so much better. That is because zombies + darkness = scary. Put daytime in there and you might as replace the entire zombie horde with very slow walking cannibals.

I didnt have hopes for any of the other movies, i won't have any for this one either.

Mar 17, 2009
Yeah, not to hyped for this, haven't seen the previous three installments, and I don't think I'll be checking out this one either. Still, I hear they're just dumb pop corn fun, so maybe if I'll ever catcch them on tv...

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
god help us all. 3 was bad enough. The only thing that is slightly positive is that Milla Jovavich is hot

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Who knows, maybe RE4 in movie form will be like RE4 in game form and be amazingly awesome and not crappy.

Leaves me worried about "number 5," though.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
As an action film, Resi 3 wasn't too bad (it was adaquate, the dual machete bit was pretty cool), as a horror movie and a part of the Resident Evil series...it was (and I quote a friend of mine who is a Resi fanatic) fucking pathetic.

Like someone said before me, throw daytime into horror and quickly see how it's much less scary (Resi 5 wasn't as scary as Resi 2, I can tell you that without doubt).

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
Well the films -are- about Alice becoming Umbrella's Super Weapon.

It was obvious they were going to take it to number 4. As much as I enjoyed the first two films, I was extremely disappointed with the 3rd film. Barely enough action if you ask me.

But I suppose the films will be a time filler until Resi 6 comes out >_>

btw, films = same brand, different universe. This is why I can be a die hard Resident Evil fan, but still enjoy the [first two] films. Stop whining :p

undeadfly

Jun 23, 2009
Eh, my wife will drag me to the movies to see it cause she loves resident evil and Milla. So I might as well enjoy it.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I saw a film once, it wasnt a remake, sequel OR prequel.
Cant remember what it was called though.

I will end up watching 4, because I lack better judgement.
I despised the first 3, then Ill see 4 on the net somewhere, and think
"It cant be worse than 3, that would be impossible... but wait, it is".

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
As several commented before, pretty much any game movie has to be watched as if it was inspired by the game, not set in the game's universe. With that said, I enjoyed the movies so far and would more than likely enjoy another. None of them were awesome movies by any means, but who cares. Still entertaining.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
The Resident Evil movie franchise is one that manages to get 10 times worse for every installment which is released, i think i'll be steering clear of this.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I liked two a bit, and the first was okay, and according to Gametrailers Top 10 worst game movies, 3 was only saved by the fact Milla was in it, so I'm going to say it was probably vomit.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Iron Mal said:
As an action film, Resi 3 wasn't too bad
You must be confusing it with the second one, because, even as an action film (which I had expected when going to see it in the cinema - just a dumb, no-brainer action flick) it failed catastrophically. The cuts were extremely bad, the action scenes were short and boring and the initial good ideas they had (e.g. plowing through a horde of zombies with a gigantic truck) were just fucked up.
Also, it tried to teach kids that smoking pot is cool.

So, overall I must say this was the first movie (to this date the only one :p) that made me feel ripped off of my 5 Euros.

Now, I need to adress something: Horror + daylight = awesome - if it's done well. You can create an atmosphere that is just incredible.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
New Troll said:
As several commented before, pretty much any game movie has to be watched as if it was inspired by the game, not set in the game's universe. With that said, I enjoyed the movies so far and would more than likely enjoy another. None of them were awesome movies by any means, but who cares. Still entertaining.
This.

As a fan of Resident Evil in general the storyline was disappointing, but they are an enjoyable way to waste an hour and a half.