EA Announces First Info On Fight Night Round 4 DLC

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
EA Announces First Info On Fight Night Round 4 DLC

Good news for boxing fans eagerly anticipating the first downloadable add-ons for Fight Night Round 4: Publisher EA has revealed its plans for the game's first two packs, both of which will weigh in at a very affordable "free of charge."

The first addition to FNR4 is scheduled for release on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms "by early August." Included in the pack are "a new training gym, new gameplay sliders, as well as a host of new equipment that can be used for outfitting boxers."

The second DLC pack will arrive "by early September" and "will allow gamers to use face buttons on the Xbox 360 and PS3 game controllers to throw punches, hooks, uppercuts and haymakers."

Additionally, EA's official announcement makes mention of an alternate, free of charge, Xbox 360-exclusive version of "Sugar" Ray Leonard, "courtesy of Pizza Hut." I'm probably being unrealistic here, but I've got three or four sets of fingers crossed for some delicious cosplay of Dom DeLuise's most beloved character [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33n-IS8a1S4].

(Image courtesy EA Sports)

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
My brother bought this game, and I picked it up, and I kind of liked it. I'm happy that the second DLC will have the face button feature, because I find the current control scheme a little awkward. And Pizza The Hut is fucking awesome. EA would get my eternal respect for adding him into this game.

h0m1cyde

Jun 2, 2009
this is bullshit! what made this game good was ridding the online of button mashers! they better have an option to have analog only fights, bc the button mashers ruin the game.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
h0m1cyde said:
this is bullshit! what made this game good was ridding the online of button mashers! they better have an option to have analog only fights, bc the button mashers ruin the game.
I agree.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Free DLC is awesome but I want to see them make changes to the Legacy Mode by changing the mini-games. Legacy Mode is way to tedious and feels like a chore, I just want to have some good fun. Adding some new boxers would be highly appreciated too (I would be willing to pay a bit for them).

I want to see Louis, Baer, Armstrong, Holyfield, Abraham, Klitschko, Dempsey, Marciano, Schmeling, Mayweather etc etc.

Also, they should change the fact that you can only create boxers with a max 87 overall, that way you can't really recreate most legends that I mentioned above.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Button mashing in singleplayer? Bring it on. Button mashing online? Different story.