PopCap and Blizzard Make Peggle: WoW Edition

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
PopCap and Blizzard Make Peggle: WoW Edition

The unholy alliance of the two studios behind some of the most addicting PC games ever continues: PopCap has released a special promotional version of Peggle featuring 10 brand-new levels inspired by World of Warcraft.

Apparently, it wasn't enough to just release Peggle as an in-game addon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91181-Peggle-Invades-World-of-Warcraft] for MMOG titan World of Warcraft. After all, you need to have WoW in order to play it in the first place - and as popular as the game is, it's not that popular. So, if you can't just put Peggle in WoW, what do you do?

Why, you put WoW in Peggle, of course [http://www1.popcap.com/promos/pegglewow/].

One wonders if this bizarre partnership of sorts is a result of PopCap's Greg Canessa going to Blizzard [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91663-Casual-Games-Guru-Goes-to-Blizzard], or ... something else entirely, like signing a deal with Satan to produce pure videogame crack-meth-heroin.

The free-to-download promo version features 10 new WoW-themed levels, like Stormwind's Valley of Heroes or the battle against the black dragon Onyxia. Unfortunately, only two of the Peggle Masters - Bjorn the Unicorn and Splork the Alien - are available to play. On the other hand, seeing Bjorn in full Paladin regalia (that would be the Tier 2 armor, "Judgment," of course) just makes me want to giggle. There's no Mac version at the moment; if you really want to play Azerothian Peggle on your shiny white piece of plastic, you'll have to make do with the official WoW addon mentioned above.

Sadly, there aren't Peggle talent points to spend like there are in the WoW addon, nor are there critical shots.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the expansion.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
Was going to say, I play Peggle when I'm waiting for the queues. It's nice.

But crack with more crack.....thanks. Awesome.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
mrfft said:
Was going to say, I play Peggle when I'm waiting for the queues. It's nice.

But crack with more crack.....thanks. Awesome.
It makes the fishing dailies more entertaining for sure.

Feb 13, 2008
"...When the Lamb had opened the first of the seven levels, I heard the first of the four beasts say with a thundering voice, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a white horse; and he that sat on him had a bow: and there was given unto him a crown, and he departed as conqueror and to conquest."

Yep, end times. Blizzard + Popcap. Bjorn is the Pale Rider.

/burble
/tin_foil_helmet.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
See, this is what Blizzard does, they make so much money they can throw it away on shit like this, knowing full well they'll just make more.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Wow, why has no one done this with PopCap before? I can already see company's lining up trying to make 360 themed Peggal, Mario themed Peggal, and MGS themed Peggal.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
bodyklok said:
Wow, why has no one done this with PopCap before?
If you got The Orange Box on PC you also got Peggle Extreme which is a Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2 and Portal themed Peggle game of 10 levels. It even had portals to shoot the balls into.

So, to answer your question, people have and they were Valve.

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
Actually they have. It was called Peggle Extreme [http://store.steampowered.com/app/3483/]. Originally it was a bonus for people who bought The Orange Box through Steam, now it's available for free. It has portals.

Edit: Thanks for stealing my thunder Captain.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
... Um... is it... bad... that I think I had a dream about this a month or two ago?

Did I prophesize the end-times and forget to tell anyone?

Gah, son of a *****...

*downloads*

Grand_Poohbah

Nov 29, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
"...When the Lamb had opened the first of the seven levels, I heard the first of the four beasts say with a thundering voice, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a white horse; and he that sat on him had a bow: and there was given unto him a crown, and he departed as conqueror and to conquest."

Yep, end times. Blizzard + Popcap. Bjorn is the Pale Rider.

/burble
/tin_foil_helmet.
LOL.

I'd try it, but it sounds dangerous for my health.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The power of Peggle compels you!

Seriously, PopCap gets more brilliant every day. Just wait for the Plants vs. Zombies/Starcraft crossover. Just you wait.

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
The power of Peggle compels you!

Seriously, PopCap gets more brilliant every day. Just wait for the Plants vs. Zombies/Starcraft crossover. Just you wait.
no i think if PopCap wants to appeal to teenagers and people in their early 20's Pokepeggle then they can release Blue/Red/ Yellow, Gold and silver

THE ONLY POKEMON GAMES OUT THERE (maybe snap,staduim and pinball)