Alt+Escape: Phage Wars 2

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Alt+Escape: Phage Wars 2

Dealing with viruses on your computer has never been so entertaining.

Read Full Article

grinklehi

Sep 10, 2008
Uh, the link seems to be broken, it takes you to the correct site, but nothing seems to be showing up, just getting a blank author and no game screen. Looks fun though, like a smaller scale version of Pandemic, or whatever that game about killing off the entire world through a virus was called.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
grinklehi said:
Uh, the link seems to be broken, it takes you to the correct site, but nothing seems to be showing up, just getting a blank author and no game screen. Looks fun though, like a smaller scale version of Pandemic, or whatever that game about killing off the entire world through a virus was called.
Hm. The link is accurate, but the game itself seems to be down - getting there from the Armor site itself doesn't work, either. Replaced with a working link for the time being :)

grinklehi

Sep 10, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
grinklehi said:
Hm. The link is accurate, but the game itself seems to be down - getting there from the Armor site itself doesn't work, either. Replaced with a working link for the time being :)
Well, I went ahead and tried to go play other games on the site (Achievement Unlocked, actually) and I was getting the exact same thing. Seems to me the site is down.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
I beat this game earlier today, and it's better than its predecessor in every way, I must say. Far more in depth and fun.

Feb 13, 2008
dogstile said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Now if you could only infect Madagascar...
*laughs heartily* Great minds think alike.
You guys are awesome, did any of you guys actually manage infect it in the end?
You can do it, but you need to get a ship bearing country at the start, keep the virus hidden for as long as possible and then get lucky with Japan and Madagascar. Once you infect those two, hitting the water plants usually wins you the game.

Birras

Jun 19, 2008
dogstile said:
On my tenth playthough on Realistic, I managed to infect Madagascar...only to be shut off by Peru. I worked so hard to get Madagascar, and now my work is stopped by Peru!

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
dogstile said:
You can do it, but you need to get a ship bearing country at the start, keep the virus hidden for as long as possible and then get lucky with Japan and Madagascar. Once you infect those two, hitting the water plants usually wins you the game.
Yes, once again it boils down to trial and error with a heaping portion of dumb luck mixed in. I had a ship go in just before they closed their borders.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Really, REALLY good game in my opinion. I loved it.

If anyone is a bit stuck, strength, defence and reproduction are a good way to go.

Caimekaze

Feb 2, 2008
This game starts of rather hard, but becomes ridiculously easy by the end. In a good way; it's still really fun, but things just breeze by.

I liked to focus on Strength, Speed, Reproduction and Agility, with Defense as my dump stat. It was unneeded when everything would be taken over and filled up at the rate it was.

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
I could never infect that stupid island nation.
About to try this game here you featured, keep it up:D
They've all been entertaining so far.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Gah freakin Madagascar, it's always the one that got away....

still this game looks awesome, lets give it a try!

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
There was a picture somewhere...

"A cough in China? Quick! Close the borders!" - Mayor of Madagascar...

Interesting game, looks fun! Actually, hang on, I think I've played something similar to this.
No, honestly, it was exactly like this. I just don't know what it was called...