Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Comes to PSN Two Weeks Behind XBLA

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Comes to PSN Two Weeks Behind XBLA

PS3 owners won't be getting a taste of the Pringles-tastic [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA] action of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 until two weeks after the game releases on Xbox Live Arcade, but there might just be a silver lining here.

We've been waiting this long for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 to come out again, so I'm pretty sure we can wait a little bit longer. That goes out to all the PS3-only gamers itching to play Capcom's re-release of their beloved Marvel vs. Capcom 2. While Xbox Live Arcade is getting the game on July 29, PlayStation Network won't be hosting it until (get those sad faces ready) August 13, when it'll debut for $15.

That's some two weeks after it comes out on Xbox Live Arcade. 360 owners might see this as an opportunity to be smug jerks, as it figures as something of a payback for Xbox Live never getting a demo of the game, but if you think about it that way, well, you're a smug jerk.

Did Microsoft buy a timed exclusive from Capcom, or is the PSN version lagging behind? I suppose both are within the realm of possibility, but rumors are pointing toward the existence of a possible retail release for the PS3 version of the game, which GameStop once listed as being on August 13, the same date as the PSN version.

That rumored retail package would include a download code, a disc with exclusive wallpapers (presumably like the ones Capcom has been releasing), a month of access to Marvel Digital Comics and 2,000 Capcom-Unity points for $20. The GameStop listing no longer exists, so that might not be happening, though.

[Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/16/marvel-vs-capcom-2-hadoukens-psn-aug-13/]]

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
So what does this have to do with potato chips and ice cream?

Kidding aside, sounds like a sweet deal for someone interested in those extras, I personally just want the game.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
and the ps3 fan instinct goes into attack mode.

let it be known i own all 3 systems (if that means anything anymore)

yes m$ (see what i did their) probubly did buy a time exclusive because thats just how they play. thats buisiness and we consumers are getting the short end of the stick (side note: WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT EVEN MEAN). why should we have to wait a whole 2 weeks? in a game not as big as gta4, that doesnt mean anything! AT ALL. their just doing it to be jerks! at least at my view of things, that will give them little to know advantage. this is just an all around ***** move by m$. know advantage at all. god damn smug jackass corporate...

*goes into rambling tandrum*

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Honestly, this makes no sense. Why would CAPCOM, a developer who's essentially been a neutral force in the console wars, suddenly pick sides?

For PS3 owner's sake, the game had better come with SOME sort of concession. As for me, I'm just glad they didn't postpone the XBLA release.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Keane Ng said:
PS3 owners won't be getting a taste of the Pringles-tastic [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA] action of Marvel vs. Capcom 2

That video had me crying by the end of it, WTF were they on?

Rednog said:

Kidding aside, sounds like a sweet deal for someone interested in those extras, I personally just want the game.
Watch the video, I lol'd.

IS MARHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
I wonder how much bitching sony fanboys will do, without a leg to stand on after the Ghostbusters thing.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Two weeks isn't much of a wait.
That is still kind of weird. PS3 gets the demo and MS gets the whole game first?

I guess that's a fair trade off.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Keane Ng said:
PS3 owners won't be getting a taste of the Pringles-tastic [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA] action of Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Rednog said:

Watch the video, I lol'd.

IS MARHVEL BAYBEE!!!
Did not notice the video link. Funny stuff.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Normally, I would say something about this, but I was never a fan of Marvel versus Capcom.

And for some reason I thought they were already out. Weird.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Ah too bad, but what's even worse is: 15$. Really?

I'll probably pass. Might have gotten it for 10 and definetly for around 5.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Hmm I think I will wait for the PS3 version. I still have nightmares (not to mention this weird scar on my thumb) from attempting to play SF4 on the 360 D pad.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Keane Ng said:

It's Marvel vs Capcom 2. It affects your vocabulary.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Woe Is You said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Keane Ng said:

It's Marvel vs Capcom 2. It affects your vocabulary.
OH HE SO PRINGLES WHERE YOUR MOUSTACHE AT???

Awesome.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
Ah too bad, but what's even worse is: 15$. Really?

I'll probably pass. Might have gotten it for 10 and definetly for around 5.
The game goes for $60 used so this is a pretty good deal unless you already have a copy. $15 is cheap for a game with all the content of an AAA title, even if it's a re-release.