ACE Team Wants Zeno Clash 2 on Consoles

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
ACE Team Wants Zeno Clash 2 on Consoles

ACE Team [http://www.zenoclash.com/] has ambitious plans for the follow-up to the indie hit, saying it wants the game to "go retail on the consoles."

ACE Team has already revealed that it's taking an open-ended, non-linear approach [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92442-ACE-Team-Talks-Zeno-Clash-2] to Zeno Clash 2, rather than the step-by-step progression of combat sequences that made up the original. The unique aesthetic of the first game will be maintained, however, and Andres Bordeu, co-founder of the Chilean studio responsible for the game, said the sequel will be "what we would have liked to do in Zeno Clash if we would have had the resources."

"Many games offer you the possibility to roam around freely, which is a great feature. But when you travel through those worlds many have very familiar and recognizable environments. In Zeno Clash the woods don't look like a regular forest with green trees and bushes," he said. "In Zeno Clash the cities are just plain insane. I think it will be extremely entertaining to explore a world where you a never quite sure what you will encounter next."

ACE Team's ambitions go beyond just the environment of the game, however. Zeno Clash was a success for the studio as a digital-only indie release but Bordeu said the team had much bigger things in mind for the sequel. "The sequel will be developed from a different perspective than the first title," he said. "Zeno Clash is a short indie game, whereas with Zeno Clash 2 we want to build a larger title; a game that's big enough to go retail on the consoles."

Source: That VideoGame Blog [http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/07/15/zeno-clash-2-aiming-for-console-retail-release/]

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
I can find absolutely nothing wrong with this. The game looks fantastic; more than anything, I'd love to see this game come onto the consoles.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
I was actually quite surprised the original wasn't at least on 360. While I'm still holding out for a 360 port, I anticipate this sequel.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:
I can find absolutely nothing wrong with this. The game looks fantastic; more than anything, I'd love to see this game come onto the consoles.
Agreed. I liked the first one, and with the second one looking how it is, I'm ecstatic to see it coming to the 360.

thisnameistaken2 said:
what is zeno clash....?
If you really wanted to know, couldn't you have just searched it on google or something, that would be much quicker. >_>

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
Damn, I've never played it. Is it good?

_Nocturnal

Nov 4, 2006
I'd also like it if one could play little snippets of Zeno Clash on his microwave, while the food gets hot.
They should research that.

RRilef

Dangerfield Newby
Jan 5, 2009
If they can pull it off, it will be one of the best games. If they can't, at least the fighting mechanics will be enough to get me to buy the game. All they need to do is get rid of the auto-lock feature, or make it an option.