LittleBigPlanet Tops One Million User-Created Levels

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
LittleBigPlanet Tops One Million User-Created Levels

LittleBigPlanet publisher Sony Computer Entertainment issued word this morning that the game now boasts more than one million user-created levels.

To further illustrate how impressive this figure actually is, Sony's official release claims that on average "one new level has been published roughly every 21 seconds since LittleBigPlanet launched" in November of last year.

Not included in Sony's official announcement however is an admission that the vast majority of these levels, like most user-generated content, are unfinished, poorly constructed, or simply terrible.

A number of them though, demonstrate amazing creativity, including recreations of classic games like a working calculator [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/89793-Fans-Make-LittleBigContra].

No doubt the biggest boon for players of the game is that all 1 million of these levels are free to download for owners of LittleBigPlanet. The sheer number of stages may make it a bit difficult to sort through each one via the in-game browser, but by relying on the system's innate user review functionality, it's quite easy for fans to extend the life of the game almost indefinitely.

Literally more content than one gamer could ever possibly play? Not bad for $60.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
1 million levels?

Nice, but I bet that at least 100,000 of them have you jumping on giants d**ks as platforms.

Still, LittleBigPlanet makes me wish I had a PS3.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
1 million levels?

Nice, but I bet that at least 100,000 of them have you jumping on giants d**ks as platforms.

Suprisingly, from the number of levels I've played, there is very little to no suggestive content. Either people are minding their manners, or the moderators are johnny on the spot when it comes to being reported.

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
Cool. I've really been enjoying this game ever since I bought it. (Although I should really make decent level, because my first attempt was pathetic)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I've made 3 levels myself, though nobody plays them.
Serves me right for trying to create an original non-MGS related level.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
ShadowKirby said:
Even if only 1% of that million is good, it's still 100 000 good levels. Pretty impressive.
Don't you mean 10,000 levels? Cause .01 X 1,000,000 = 10,000. I can has maths!

WraithGadra

Dec 3, 2007
Do the creators of these levels gain any recognition for these levels? I can't imagine that they can claim copyright.

Deathsong17

Feb 4, 2009
Not true! I've played bugger all rubbish levels and loads of good ones!
Handy tip; avoid anything without a picture.

*I was refering to the "most are bad" comment*

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
HardRockSamurai said:
1 million levels?

Suprisingly, from the number of levels I've played, there is very little to no suggestive content. Either people are minding their manners, or the moderators are johnny on the spot when it comes to being reported.
Yeah I've noticed the same.

but no, I'll jump on the cynical bandwagon:

"Everyone in LBP makes shitty levels with penises on them. Except the contra level."

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Now tell them to release a demo of the game and to lower the price of the game and then MAYBE I would be interested.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
it took 3 days for spore to hit 1,000,000 if i remember correctly, and that was before its official release. this number is niether impressive nor worth the news.

Woem

May 28, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
HardRockSamurai said:
1 million levels?

Or he was actively looking for such, euh, themed gamed.