Gary Oldman Plays it Cool Over Dark Knight Sequel

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Gary Oldman Plays it Cool Over Dark Knight Sequel

Gary 'Commisioner Gordon' Oldman let slip a some details about the next Batman movie, but keep it under your hat, ok?

Trusting Gary Oldman with sensitive information is like trusting the Cookie Monster with your Double Stuf Oreos. He just can't help himself:

"We start filming the next 'Batman' next year, which means it won't come out for another two years," he said during a preview of his latest film, adding, "but you didn't hear that from me."

It's probably safe to say that no one is actually surprised by this 'slip', the Dark Knight made more than a billion dollars after all, but it's nice to have it confirmed nonetheless.

What we don't know yet is who else will be appearing in the film. This time last year names like Johnny Depp, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Angelina Jolie were being thrown around, but as yet it's all just rumor. Still, if they let Oldman know, he'll let us know.

Source: Reuters [http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE56N6JY20090724?feedType=RSS&feedName=entertainmentNews]

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Of course we didn't hear that from him when it was just shown he said that. Glad about the sequel news though, it'll most likely feature the Riddler and I don't know how they can trump the Dark Knight.
Hopefully this movie won't be that much worse than the Dark Knight, because personally, I thought that the Dark Knight was only above average at best. Although I love the Riddler, so I hope that he will be in it.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
If anyone asks me ill just blame IMDB, cos gary oldman might turn back into dracula and hunt me down. So basically 3 years until the next one, god why does that seem like such a long time from now?
either that or he'll turn into a werewolf and we'll be forced to crucio him

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
I just hope that Joel Schumacher plays the next villain, that way we'd get to see Christian Bale throw him off a building...

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Radeonx said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Of course we didn't hear that from him when it was just shown he said that. Glad about the sequel news though, it'll most likely feature the Riddler and I don't know how they can trump the Dark Knight.
Hopefully this movie won't be that much worse than the Dark Knight, because personally, I thought that the Dark Knight was only above average at best. Although I love the Riddler, so I hope that he will be in it.
Blasphemy, the Dark Knight was amazing! Bad quoter, bad! Besides the Riddler isn't that interesting a character.

Nice avatar though.
I liked it, I just thought that it was far too overrated, partially due to Heath Ledger's untimely death. I did like the darkness it had though, and part of my dislike was Batman. I hated him so much in that movie. And the Riddler is my favorite because he is the only Batman villain other than Joker and Penguin that I remember fondly.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
He's such a friendly looking guy, who wouldn't trust him with "secrets"?

Radeonx said:
I liked it, I just thought that it was far too overrated, partially due to Heath Ledger's untimely death. I did like the darkness it had though, and part of my dislike was Batman. I hated him so much in that movie. And the Riddler is my favorite because he is the only Batman villain other than Joker and Penguin that I remember fondly.
Christian Bale's the worst Batman I've ever seen, it should've just been a movie about The Joker and it would've been 100 times better.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
I just hope that Joel Schumacher plays the next villain, that way we'd get to see Christian Bale throw him off a building...
hahaha... as much as I disagree with peoples view of the Schumacher batman movies (I liked the old Batman series, and I like that campy style.. If you like the Batman series from the 60s and see the schumacher movies in that light, they are pretty good), that would be fitting.

Booze Zombie said:
He's such a friendly looking guy, who wouldn't trust him with "secrets"?

Radeonx said:
Christian Bale's the worst Batman I've ever seen, it should've just been a movie about The Joker and it would've been 100 times better.
Christian Bale's ok.. I just wish he didn't do "the batman voice".. his bruce wayne voice is plenty gruff enough to make it believable as the dark knight.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
You know who needs to be in this? Jewel Staite.
I can see her playing... Someone, but it would be awesome!

On Topic: It's good to hear that the next Batman is confirmed.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
The movies took a plunge in quality after Adam West left. I mean, how am I supposed to take them seriously without the POW! coming up on screen?

Lrbearclaw

May 19, 2009
Frank_Sinatra_ said:

Barbara Gordon in a couple sequels. /nod

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Christian Bale's ok.. I just wish he didn't do "the batman voice".. his bruce wayne voice is plenty gruff enough to make it believable as the dark knight.
This guy [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc] agrees ;d

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Lrbearclaw said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:

Odd, I immediately thought of her as Harley Quinn.

That's casting against type, I know, but when you think of it Oldman himself has played a lot of less-than-clean-cut characters... I mean, Pontius Pilate, Zorg, Sid Vicious, even Lee Harvey Oswald!

-- Steve

ADarkHorse

Feb 1, 2009
Anton P. Nym said:
Lrbearclaw said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:

Odd, I immediately thought of her as Harley Quinn.

That's casting against type, I know, but when you think of it Oldman himself has played a lot of less-than-clean-cut characters... I mean, Pontius Pilate, Zorg, Sid Vicious, even Lee Harvey Oswald!

-- Steve
I'd love to see Harley Quinn