Iron Man 2 Footage, Described

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Iron Man 2 Footage, Described

Some people got to see some footage from Iron Man 2 and have kindly described it for the rest of us.

It seems like a lot of people were saving their really cool stuff for Comic-Con, because yet again we turn our eyes toward San Diego, this time for some Iron Man 2 footage. Irritatingly, the footage hasn't turned up on line, so we mere mortals have to settle the descriptions they've given us.

In the new movie we'll see Tony Stark facing off against a variety of foes, including the Department of Defense, Nick Fury and Whiplash, played by Mickey Rourke. We'll also see the US Government buying weapons from shady arms dealers for the War Machine armor.

A full run-down of the trailer can be found here [http://io9.com/5322942/tony-starks-on-the-firing-line-in-first-iron-man-2-footage] and when the footage itself appears on the interweb, rest assured that we'll show it to you. Just a word to the wise though, the description has spoilers in it.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5322942/tony-starks-on-the-firing-line-in-first-iron-man-2-footage]

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
I want to see it before I get a description of what's going on.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Interesting concept..but I'm still waiting when they combine Nick Fury, SHIELD, Iron Man, and any other hero or villain that makes a cameo appearance in the new Marvel movies.

ChocoCake

Nov 23, 2008
Can't decide whether I want it spoiled or not...hmmm...
Radeonx said:
Interesting concept..but I'm still waiting when they combine Nick Fury, SHIELD, Iron Man, and any other hero or villain that makes a cameo appearance in the new Marvel movies.
Which includes the Hulk right?

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Damn you Nil... I refuse to be spoiled, but that link is so TEMPTING... Why are you so cruel?

*weeps*

Anyway, I trust that it'll be awesome. So I won't spoil it for myself: I can wait till a teaser comes out.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
sweet Sam Jackson is going to be in the movie, since he is the one that plays Nick Fury and they are keeping the continuity across movies of who plays who

this should be a good movie and i can't wait to see it

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Radeonx said:
there starting up the Avengers so hopefully they do it like the comic book

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
ChocoCake said:
Radeonx said:
Dont forget Thor

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
JWAN said:
Radeonx said:
Dates (off the top of my head, did some digging a while ago) is Thor in 2010, Captain America:The First Avenger (set in the second world war) in early 2011, followed by The Avengers in Summer 2011. But then I'd heard that there wasn't gonna be a Hulk/Iron Man sequel til The Avengers, so don't trust me too much.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
ChocoCake said:
Radeonx said:
Yes and it's for the Avengers movie coming in a (year? I keep forgetting if it's 2010 or 2011).

Still I didn't think he'd be squaring off against the army in this one (why the army? honestly? can't they be a little more creative? I guess not). I was hoping more for the Mandarin.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
God-damn you Terrance Howard you money grubbing whore, why did you ask for more money? You could have been flying around as War Machine now.

Of course, I haven't read the description so I don't know if he definitely isn't in it or not.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
StevieWonderMk2 said:
JWAN said:
Radeonx said:
Dates (off the top of my head, did some digging a while ago) is Thor in 2010, Captain America:The First Avenger (set in the second world war) in early 2011, followed by The Avengers in Summer 2011. But then I'd heard that there wasn't gonna be a Hulk/Iron Man sequel til The Avengers, so don't trust me too much.
That makes sense though, they will probably will get pushed back because the first movie release estimates are off by a year or at least 8 months

shit happens ya know :p

Undercover

Jul 19, 2009
"Fuck you, Mr. Stark"

Woooooooo... That's one F-Bomb away from an 'R' rating...

...Oh please let it be rated R, oh please oh please oh please!

PG-13= Boring, Pandering, Disney-esque bullshit and is more about ticket sales than anything else.

That is all.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
God-damn you Terrance Howard you money grubbing whore, why did you ask for more money? You could have been flying around as War Machine now.

Of course, I haven't read the description so I don't know if he definitely isn't in it or not.
Howard's been out for a while and replaced by Don Cheadle. And this was still true as of a film magazine article I read somewhere while on vacation last week.

I also heard that
Justin Hammer is in this as the other antagonist
so that's pretty awesome.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
AceDiamond said:
ChromeAlchemist said:

Howard's been out for a while and replaced by Don Cheadle. And this was still true as of a film magazine article I read somewhere while on vacation last week.

I also heard that
Justin Hammer is in this as the other antagonist
so that's pretty awesome.
weasel?

Last I heard of him was in Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Deadpool: Weasel old buddy... where have you been buddy?
Weasel: I was in the hospital..
Deadpool: I'm sorry man, what happened?
Weasel: You stabbed me!
Deadpool: Oh yeah.. Well, I had to, if I remember correctly, you were reaching for the last cheese puff.
Weasel: It was my bag of cheese puffs.... :(

edit: Nevermind, that was Jack Hammer

bummer for me though.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
As long as Mr Jackson is still Mr Fury and gets to use the phrase

"Mother fucker" at some time. I will see this