New Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Makes You a Marine

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
New Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Makes You a Marine

You know it's a bad day to be a Colonial Marine when you've got Aliens and Predators in the same place, but you won't really understand how bad it can get until you've seen this new trailer for Sega and Rebellion's Aliens vs. Predator.

It's not easy being a Colonial Marine, especially when you're the kind of Colonial Marine who just so happens to step between an intergalactic showdown between the ferocious Aliens on one hand and the brutal Predators on the other. What to do when caught up in such a situation?

According to this trailer for Sega and Rebellion's Aliens vs. Predator, which documents the Marine portion of the game's three-pronged campaign (you get to be Aliens and a Predator too), apparently the answer is shoot for your life...and always watch your back.

[video=854]

Or die. Dying works too.

YurdleTheTurtle

Mar 23, 2009
Aye, the poor Marines are never shown in positive light. Even in their own trailer, it's a nightmare and all about survival. Sucks to be humans in this war.

Eagerly awaiting Alien footage though, everyone wants to see how they play!

mykalwane

Oct 18, 2008
I will wait until seeing more before voicing wither this will be good or a bad game. The Preator game is my reasoning for it could look good, but really suck.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
So you're a marine? Guess I'll give this one a miss then.

Fuck going against those facehuggers. Not now, not ever.

HeartAttackBob

Sep 11, 2008
I enjoyed the earlier AvP games. Apparently they don't feel they need to bother with any sort of sequel-ish numbers, because nobody remembers they already made an AvP game. Actually, I think two might exist...

While playing as an Alien or Predator is awesome, it was still fun playing as a human. It was sort of like being the protagonist in the worst horror movie you've ever seen. The trick is to play it at night, in the dark, with the sound turned up a little too loud.
You hear the swish of the Alien's tale, hear it's claws clicking in the metal rafters while you frantically swing your flashlight around to try to spot it before it pounces and devours your brains.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:

You can play the Predators or the Aliens too.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I really do hope this game turns out good because I love Aliens and Predators and wouldn't mind playing either one. Which one though? Hmmm.... probably Alien if they're done right. God I hope this game turns out awesome.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I love me some predators! And as to the ongoing plight of the marines, they better have some amazing firepower or they is gonna be hamburger.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
Hmmm
That looks awesome.
I remember my first avp game and I died when it stopped being scary. Pipes falling down, doors locking, and then the aliens come out of a vent on the wall. Not that I expected it, but it looked so, como se dice, unscary. But this, this looks like people will like it (love if they liked the first one(s?)). If it's good.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
ChromeAlchemist said:

You play as all three species -- aliens, predators, and human marines. The predator level I saw at E3 was seriously badass. The marines were, in my opinion, the least interesting of the three, simply because we've played as space marines many times already.

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
the original AVP game was awesome, brings some good memories reading the previews of the game on PC Gaming World. But for you guys saying marines suck, they dont. When i tried to multiplayer portion of the game, when the released the Primal Hunt expansion, the marines were the strongest faction in the game, simply because they had SO MUCH FIREPOWER. A team of 5 could not be touch, except for a few lucky plasma hits from a predator. You try going against 5 guys with 2 flamethrowers and 3 miniguns and a few turrets. They didnt even have to be well coordinated. In turned out that the most pro race to play were the aliens, since it required major ninja skills.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
oliveira8 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:

You can play the Predators or the Aliens too.
Susan Arendt said:
ChromeAlchemist said:

You play as all three species -- aliens, predators, and human marines. The predator level I saw at E3 was seriously badass. The marines were, in my opinion, the least interesting of the three, simply because we've played as space marines many times already.
Yeah I assumed as much, you could in the original games, however (and you can call me a coward if you wish, or laugh, because I do now) but basically I played AvP as a marine, saw a facehugger scurry across the screen, paused it and exited to the main menu, then playing as an Alien, and completing it. Then I played it as a predator up to the fourth level and a facehugger jumped out of some debris, and I turned the game off.

That can be attributed to a combination of slight arachnophobia, and staying round my next door neighbour's house when I was a kid and he would play AvP as a marine. He wasn't very good at killing facehuggers.

I'm sure the game would be great stuff, the alien and predator levels being great fun (they were before) but for the price tag it will be, I can't justify playing a percentage of the game and refusing to play the rest of it. Or I can man up, wipe my nose and play it, making sure I'm so perfect I don't ever get latched onto by one of them, we shall see.

stompythebeast said:
How good were Predaliens and Praetorians in MP? I always wanted to know.

73loup

Jul 1, 2009
I know this is early footage, but I'm a bit concerned that the exploding aliens didn't seem to cause damage given they were all so close. If they got rid of the acid blood damage, it'll turn into just another shooter that's nothing more than run and gun... at least on the marine side.

Have high hopes for it though.

Beardon65

Jul 16, 2009
Dude when is this coming out? Being able to use the M41a's grenade launcher, the aliens tail and the predators blades would be sick.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
I hope they have a Marine level like in AvP2.

Taking out a Queen in an ExoSuit with a flamethrower, minigun, rocketlauncer and summit else.

Oh, use the morph cheat in the first alien level and morph into a Praetorian. Its hella funny, the marines cant hurt you, they just open fire, scream, reload and repeat.

sturryz

Nov 17, 2007
That Predator sure does know alot of Kung Fu, but does he know enough kung fu to beat... Big Daddy!

Predator: I am totally getting sodomized by Big Daddys drill. Bogus!