Mystery Countdown Appears On Square Enix Website

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Mystery Countdown Appears On Square Enix Website

A mysterious countdown clock has appeared on the website of Japanese mega-publisher Square Enix, offering fans yet another reason to endlessly speculate on the company's future plans.

Little solid info is offered by the splash page [http://www.square-enix.co.jp/0807/], aside from a glowing roman numeral "VII," below which is the word "days," and a clock ticking away hours, minutes and seconds.

Presumably the roman numeral is actually an indication of how many days are left and not -- as many of you are no doubt hoping against hope -- an indication that a certain Final Fantasy revolving around a certain androgynous, silver-maned, slash-fiction staple is getting a much-requested PlayStation 3 remake.

While it would be irresponsible to blindly guess at what Square Enix might have in store for us in a little more than a week, I think I speak for all of us when I say "It's about time we got a sequel to The Bouncer".

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
FINAL FANTASY VII CONFIRMED!

Or, hopefully not. I loved that game, but where the hell is the Bouncer and Breath of Fire love? The feck is up with the goddamned teasers this year? It's getting ridiculous.

And I would question such a remake. Isn't FFXII and XIV taking up a shat load of their time? You probably wouldn't see this until 2014.

Earnest Cavalli said:
I speak for all of us when I say "It's about time we got a sequel to The Bouncer".
And I pray that Square realise this. I'd buy a PS3 fo shizzle if that game came out.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
I think I speak for all of us when I say "It's about time we got a sequel to The Bouncer".
Oh boy...don't get our hopes up now...

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
GodsOneMistake said:
Ya I'm gonna go with FFIV, but thats just me.

Or maybe it's FFXV XP
They already had an FFIV sequel though, seems doubtful.

Oh wait, I see what you did there. Was there even anything for me to see?

Aiden Rebirth

Nov 19, 2008
NOOOOO!!!! Let it die Squeenix, seriously, there gonna remake this and add stupid expanded universe crap, like Genesis. Oh god what if it's a sequel about him. Look i would be okay with a remake, but where is my goddamn Kingdom Hearts 3!!!

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Aiden Rebirth said:
It changed? from 7 to 6?
Yeah, its Days, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds.

Anyways, I hope it's remake of VIII, if a remake at all. Although Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a nice announcement as well.

iamthehorde

Mar 2, 2009
maybe nobody noticed it for a few days and it started at VIII. because on other sites they said it started at six, so they must have been a little late. maybe we are late, too?

NotPigeon

Feb 26, 2008
What's with all the mystery countdowns these days?

Surely there's a way to create pre-announcement hype that doesn't seem like a fad?

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
I think I speak for all of us when I say "It's about time we got a sequel to The Bouncer".
Oh god yes. I thought I was the only one who thought that game was made of so much win it was untrue. Right when the PS2 was only out in Japan I got a PS2 magazine with a free video with it (Oh yes, video, we go way back) and it had Gran Turismo 3, The bouncer, Kessen, and Dark Cloud on it. Needless to say 3 out of those 4 games I wanted but never got :( Although a friend got Dark Cloud.

Aiden Rebirth

Nov 19, 2008
chromewarriorXIII said:
Aiden Rebirth said:
It changed? from 7 to 6?
Yeah, its Days, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds.

Anyways, I hope it's remake of VIII, if a remake at all. Although Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a nice announcement as well.
they haven't started it yet, and won't till both birth by sleep, and FF Versus XIII are done with, the KH team are working on those games, although with this, and those "Epic Disney" pics it leaves one's mind to wonder.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Griever18 said:
It's probably still a countdown to the VII remake, because it started with the numeral "VII."
You are aware that a week is seven days? And that they Square has a habit of using roman numerals?

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
another game where every man is really just a woman in drag?