The Week in Review

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review

The Week in Review, the only gaming news roundup endorsed by Mornos and Born-Again Lizards.

Of Brains and Bewbs

UAV, Airstrike, Helicopter. For players of Call of Duty 4 this is a familiar list, perhaps too familiar. Knowing that familiarity breeds contempt - and kidnappings [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93516-Modern-Warfare-4-Held-Hostage] - Infinity Ward have released video footage of their new unlock system, which allows players to customize their list.

I'd be surprised if they let you get something like an airstrike before you get something like a UAV, but the ability to call in an AC-130 should you get to a kill streak of 11, is a pretty nice addition. Hit the link for video-y goodness. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93449-Your-First-Look-at-Modern-Warfare-2s-Multiplayer])

<br clear=both>

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Wow. While it was happening, last week felt like things were indeed occurring, but looking back, not much happened at all. I mean, the only things on this list that I find overly interesting are the German petition, which stared not in this week and the "Sin-to-Win" contest, also not started this week. Week of July 24-31, I think you're lame.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
T'was a pretty good week for the gaming industry. Primarily, I'm just glad this whole "Sin-to-Win" nonsense is coming to an end.

And yes, I DO hope EA takes PixelPoet's advice.

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
Not so much a good year for the gaming industry. How many delays have there been? Too many to count (I can't count past 6). Someone please count for me
Also, the best way to annoy someone..."tl;dr, but I think..."
But I really did read it.

Ankhwatcher

Mar 21, 2008
Any chance you guys might feel like turning this into a weekly podcast? I'd like to have a good gaming news round-up podcast to listen to.
-ANkh

Apr 28, 2008
best news of the week is the news that Futurama's origional voice cast is returning? Why have you left this out? I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Irridium said:
best news of the week is the news that Futurama's origional voice cast is returning? Why have you left this out? I WILL DESTROY YOU!
Because it was announced after this was written. Calm down, you'll live longer.

L24z13L

Jul 1, 2009
Looks like an exciting week. I wasn't near a computer all week and therefore missed pretty much all of that. Thanks for bringing me up to date.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Ankhwatcher said:
Any chance you guys might feel like turning this into a weekly podcast? I'd like to have a good gaming news round-up podcast to listen to.
-ANkh
We're batting around ideas to that effect. Stay tuned!

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Not a bad week if I do say so myself. I only heard about the Shatner/Palin thing today and found it hilarious.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
I didn't hear anything about the first segment. That's why I love this thing.