WoW Patch 3.2 "Call of the Crusade" Goes Live

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
WoW Patch 3.2 "Call of the Crusade" Goes Live

The second major content patch since Wrath of the Lich King launched last November is hitting live servers today, and it's a doozy.

Oh, content patch day. Both a day of rejoicing and a day of mourning for the WoW player. On the one hand, shiny new content and (hopeful) rebalancing of everything imbalanced in the game. On the other hand, all of our UI mods stop working, and in fixing things Blizzard assuredly will break yet other things.

There's plenty of new content in this upcoming patch, though. As far as new-and-shiny, there's the Argent Coliseum, a new raid dungeon for groups of 5, 10, and 25 players set up to test the heroes of Azeroth and prepare them for the final battles against the Lich King. There's also a brand-new battleground called Isle of Conquest, which combines the 40 vs. 40 of old-school Alterac Valley with the siege weaponry of WotLK's Lake Wintergrasp and Strand of the Ancients.

Beyond the standard class changes that come in every major patch, 3.2 also mixes up some standards of raiding - 10-player and 25-player raids will now have their own respective Heroic versions (read: Hard Modes) for the truly hardcore to tackle, and players will also have the option to extend their raid lockouts by a week. So, if your guild is really trying to down, let's say Mimiron, you can give yourself another week to try without having to re-clear the entire dungeon again (at the cost of not earning any extra gear).

Mounts are available at level 20, epic mounts at level 40, and flying mounts are now available at level 60. An especially long-awaited change comes in 3.2, as players can now earn experience through PvP Battlegrounds (and can also turn off all experience gain as an option). As cool as all of that is, though, the best part about the patch is obviously the long-awaited new art for Druid animal forms. Yessir, I'm a happy Feral Druid tonight!

In other news, all raids scheduled for the next four days have been canceled due to the bugs and server issues that will undoubtedly pop up. In other, other news, this post probably didn't make any sense to you if you don't play WoW. But that's all right, we forgive you anyway.

The full patch notes can be found here [http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/#3.2.0].

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Seriously considering coming back to WoW. With news of id be able to get an epic mount straight away (I only have level 40ish chars) and PvP xp its only tempting me more. I loved the battlegrounds and being able to play the only game most of my real life friends play would be awesome....

Ahhh :( it's going to happen if I want it to or not... May aswell just give in.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
D4zZ said:
Seriously considering coming back to WoW. With news of id be able to get an epic mount straight away (I only have level 40ish chars) and PvP xp its only tempting me more. I loved the battlegrounds and being able to play the only game most of my real life friends play would be awesome....

Umm they said you could get an epic mount. Not that they'd be free. So unless your 40s got about 1k gold apiece I wouldn't count on grabbing an epic mount quickly unless you got a sugar daddy.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
bue519 said:
D4zZ said:
Seriously considering coming back to WoW. With news of id be able to get an epic mount straight away (I only have level 40ish chars)
Umm they said you could get an epic mount. Not that they'd be free. So unless your 40s got about 1k gold apiece I wouldn't count on grabbing an epic mount quickly unless you got a sugar daddy.
Real life friends who are at about level 70/80 now. I'm sure id be fine, I helped them out when they were pipsqueaks. :)

Hellgate

Mar 10, 2009
bue519 said:
Mount skill prices are going down so it wont be mouch of a problem ^^ i myself cant wait to get my hands on some new shiny T9 gear ^^ (u know... to replace the T8 i got now ^^)

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
bue519 said:
D4zZ said:

D4zZ said:
bue519 said:
D4zZ said:
Seriously considering coming back to WoW. With news of id be able to get an epic mount straight away (I only have level 40ish chars)
Real life friends who are at about level 70/80 now. I'm sure id be fine, I helped them out when they were pipsqueaks. :)
Epic mounts will be going for 50 gold right now.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Abedeus said:
Since when Escapist is posting free PATCH logs from games?
Exactly what I was thinking, might as well add that there has been a new quest release in runescape or whatever >.<

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
I just cancled my subscription a couple days ago. Unfortunately it was 2 days after the auto re-up. I might log in to check out my new feral forms, but other than that, I can't say the game holds much interest to me anymore.
I'm glad they got the content out, and i hope it's enjoyable for those playing. I've played for 4 years, but I don't think i'm gonna be doing it anymore. Hope those of you that still do have a great time!

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
The new badge system will be outstanding. So much waisted effort on gear.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Temptation:| I guess I should leave this thread before I am dragged back into hell.

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
Druid forms, earlier mounts, experience for PvP... yeah, that's cool. BUT, we're all forgetting the main reason for this patch: MASSIVE SHAMAN BUFF :D

Finally... I shall not have less health than every other class in the game! And I'll be able to drop all me totems on one GCD and not have everyone die! EIIIII! *cough*

Now the servers just have to get up and running <,<

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Yay! Now I get to buy tier 8 and 8.5 with tokens! I'm guessing very few people understood that, but I don't care; I have heroics to run.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
CoverYourHead said:
Yay! Now I get to buy tier 8 and 8.5 with tokens! I'm guessing very few people understood that, but I don't care; I have heroics to run.
No you don't.

Just as before, you can buy 2/5 (Chest and head) T8.5 for Emblems of Conquest, and can't buy any Tier 8.

5/5 Tier 9 and 5/5 Tier 9.5 are both purchasable for the new Emblems of Triumph, only acquirable in Crusader's Colloseum and the Daily Heroic dungeon quest.

Honestly, do people read patch notes anymore? ;/

Leonight7

Jul 20, 2009
Woohoo I can finally get my epic mount!
And if I get enough money I can get a flying mount!

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Must...stay...on...the...wagon...

Oh wait. Raiding is useless now. Wow this game went downhill fast. It's only a matter of time before all the Ulduar hard modes get nerfed...oh wait, they did that too? So glad I got out when I did.

londelen

Apr 15, 2009
DAMN YOU EPIC DOWNTIME! I WANTED TO PLAY SOME EPIC WOW BEFORE I HIT THE EPIC GYM, BUT I GUESS THAT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN TOepicDAY, IS IT?