Summer E Games - Legacy Battle DRAFT Begins!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Summer E Games - Legacy Battle DRAFT Begins!

Starting August 17, The Escapist will be launching the Summer E Games, a two-week long event full of quizzes, contests and competitions for badges. One of the events is a Legacy Battle in which 32 of your favorite series battle to be number one. The only problem is, we have over 70 series to pick from, so we need you, The Escapist community, to choose which 32 series will make it into the initial battle.

All you have to do is click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/legacy/] to visit the Legacy Battle Draft Page and choose your favorite 32!

The draft ends on Tuesday, August 12 at 3PM EDT, so get your picks in!

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
I didn't see company of Heroes, which made me a little sad, but you can't expect to have everything with just 70 entries, so I'm okay with it.

Apr 28, 2008
Kwil said:
I'm still wondering how you picked your initial 70.

No Unreal
No System Shock
No Thief
No Dungeon Keeper
No Neverwinter Nights
No Zork? C'mon.. seriously.. no Zork?
Yeah, really.

Plus, no Ratchet and Clank?
Or Assassin's Creed?

Plus, I saw Okami, and I don't think that its a series

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
Heroes of might and magic is way better than might and magic in my opinion ie Dark messiah of might and magic got 6.7 but heroes of might and magic 5 got 8.2 in reviews by gamespot. Unless might and magic includes Heroes of Might and Magic?

No dawn of War either hmm. Glad Baldurs Gate got in though, I hope it wins.

edit:
Irridium said:
Or Assassin's Creed?
isn't there only 1 Assassin's Creed game. Not really a series is it.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
This is an incredibly biased set of series here. I thought it would be series that lit the world on fire, that really made a difference. That means no Gears of War and no Fable. Those games were jokes. Dawn of War didn't really make a dent on established RTSs, so I understand it's omission. Neverwinter Nights, the same but with RPGs.

I have a few you missed as well... Silent Hill? Team ICO? Monkey Island? And why not System Shock? That includes Bioshock since the two games are incredibly similar.

I will shamelessly ***** about this until the due date.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
PrototypeC said:
This is an incredibly biased set of series here. I thought it would be series that lit the world on fire, that really made a difference. That means no Gears of War and no Fable. Those games were jokes. Dawn of War didn't really make a dent on established RTSs, so I understand it's omission. Neverwinter Nights, the same but with RPGs.

I have a few you missed as well... Silent Hill? Team ICO? Monkey freaking Island?! And why not System Shock? That includes Bioshock since the two games are incredibly similar!

I will shamelessly ***** about this until the due date.
Key words from the voting page:
"If you don't see your favorite series there, this is just for a bit of fun but you are welcome to give a healthy and friendly shout out to your favorites. "

As to why Popular Series X isn't there but Popular Series Y which you might hate is:
Imagine, if you will, being surprised by people with clipboards and trenchcoats who give you 60 seconds to name as many game series as you can.

Then imagine people locked in a room with endless sheets of paper, tasked to create the most comprehensive list of game series ever, or the world will end.

There's a middle ground there, and that's the one we took.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
paulgruberman said:
Imagine people locked in a room with endless sheets of paper, tasked to create the most comprehensive list of game series ever, or the world will end.
I gotcha. Plus, it would be pretty difficult to change it now without having to re-do the whole thing. I guess it doesn't matter.

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
What??? I checked this morning for E Games news, I saw this article, but I had to leave for work before I could choose my 32 :( Come on *insert the 15 that I picked straight away*!